View Single Post
Old 10th January 2011, 09:09 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I have an urge to get back into the film of the late Jean Rollin and feel my VHS stuff needed upgrading.

But, my god! There are a lot of different releases of his stuff! I read the thread about The Grapes Of Death with interest, but wonder if I could ask you guys for any more tips on releases with priorities being (in order) uncut status, original aspect ratio, original language (but English friendly) and then anamorphic picture. I don't mind non-anamorphic releases of 1.66:1 films very much at all, so that is fine, but I do prefer good transfers and uncut!

I know the Encore releases are the most collectible (and increasingly expensive!) but are they necessarily the best? How are the Redemptions?

I am particularly interested in:

The Living Dead Girl
Fascination

The Grapes Of Death
Frissons des Vampires
Requiem For A Vampire
La Vampire Nué

but open to recommendations over other films.

I've looked on DVD Compare, but wanted some "horse's mouth" information from you good people.
All the Dutch Encore special editions are Uncut except for 1 which is missing 7 secs.

Also the Encore special editions are the best editions of those films.

That reminds me to pay someone on this forum for the rest of the Encore special editions sets as I got Lips of Blood off a different member.