View Single Post
Old 8th August 2012, 12:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

How have I not seen this thread before! I've been into Metal since 1989 where at the tender age of 12 I saw Iron Maiden on 'The Chart Show' - Remember that? haha

First gig for me was Metallica at the Manchester G-Mex in 1992, I remember going straight from school and getting changed on the way, I still have the ticket in my memory box, £15.00 I think it was - quite pricey for the time!

Progressed through the ranks quickly via Sepultura to death metal, Kerrang seduced me into Black Metal with the whole Burzum Vs Mayhem story and I followed Cradle of Filth from playing to 50 in a basement in Liverpool supporting Emperor to being one of the biggest bands in the UK (which wasn't really good creatively for the band!).

I don't really listen to extreme metal any more, i will put some stuff on as a blast from the past like At The Gates or Dissection or a bit of Carcass, but these days I find more solace in thick groovy metal like Black Sabbath or Mastodon! Although my favourite is still Iron Maiden! And a band that's stayed with me since my extreme days is Opeth which have grown with me and are now one of the greatest progressive bands on the planet

Yeah Metal!