View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 05:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
So this is interesting. A certain retailer only wants to show the reverse side of the Arrow titles. That kinda defeats one of the major points of the range - giving people some all-new original artwork. The reverse originals are there to give people the choice plus I love the original Macabre and HBTC images but is anyone browsing seriously going to pick up Sleepless with the original poster image? It's so crap it hurts. This is where we're at - marketing people choose for you. Oh that and the price set is going to be so low there's little point making the effort spending on producing decent discs in the future.
Exactly Almar. It is optional we apparently live in a "Free Country", Full of freedom of choice & Speech. I have the shameless titles on all but 2 titles on the side as Sold not the optional back cover.I find most of the Old VHS artwork for many titles on most labels to be cheap looking. The new reprints make for a more eye catching browse. I admit if some titles had been shown on reverse side when I was in HMV/Or & Amazon/Ebay I wouldn't have bothered. A picture paints a thousand words and something that catchs the eye is a reason to pick it up and have a look. A Yellow case with lime green Or Fire engine Red Writting/Background, would for me at least interest me more than a boring old sketch drawn in 1971!!.

So you are right I personally would not be drawn to an original poster image for sleepless.