View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 03:58 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
My only thought re Cannibal Holocaust is that the film would suffer pretty much the same cuts as before. The list (5 mins 44 secs) is pretty heavy. I can post them here if anyone is interested, though there's very very little that I could see the BBFC waiving.
Yes - but then this comes back to a strategic decision for the Shameless guys (and gals?) - whilst it's a laudable aim to try and release previously uncut or unavailable films these are generally not going to be big sellers in the grand scheme of things. Sure they might sell well to genre fans but to make money you need to get the average Arthur or Martha in the street to see the title in HMV and pay for it (how they see the title in HMV when they're on the street I'm not sure but I digress...) Now these people won't know or care that CH is not uncut - it'll still be the most graphic thing they've probably ever seen.

So whilst releasing a cut film isn't going to please or attract collectors it could sell well to the populance at large and subsidise the availability of more obscure stuff?

Just a thought.

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon