View Single Post
Old 25th June 2008, 04:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Are You Listening To?

I thought I'd start my own music thread (or mo-sai as I like to call it to sound all cosmopolitan and shit ). Admittedly since DVD came in and downloading became fashionable I don't buy as many CDs as I once did. I don't download full albums unless they're OOP and going for silly money. I always download maybe 2 or 3 album tracks just to keep me entertained until I buy the full thing. For me downloading is all about sampling, I never feel like I own the thing until I have the CD, I'm very fussy like that.

My own music taste is mainly centred around metal and alternative music. I HATE pop, (c)rap, fuddy duddy dad music like Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan and The Beatles etc (no offence to those who do like that sort of stuff), emo and just anything that feels watered down and comes off a huge conveyor belt. Back as a kid and especially as a teen I listened to a lot of heavy stuff but now I find brutality gets on my tits. Maybe I'm mellowing out or maybe my ear is changing. I do like brutality but it has to have a bit of melody, without it it just feels pointless now.

At the moment I'm listening to Turquoise & Crimson by a wonderful little known band called VAST. They're very reflective, very downbeat and quite depressing, but they're very melodic and if the mood hits you there is no one better than them. Their singer/song writer Jon Crosby really is an excellent musician and should be up there with the greats imo.
Here's a song for anyone interested, it's called . Both are which are from their debut self titled NIN inspired album. Beautiful stuff.

So what do others listen to and so on?