View Single Post
Old 25th July 2010, 01:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default New Video Nasties Documentary

New Video Nasties Documentary: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape

Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape is a brand new in-depth documentary by director Jake West (Evil Aliens) and producer Marc Morris which charts the Video Nasties phenomenon and sheds light on one of the most important scandalous eras in British history.

A companion piece to this release is Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide which features every single trailer that fell foul of the Director of Public Prosecutions. Video Nasties is a personal love of mine be it good or bad they all have a place in my (heart) and DVD collection, so i am hyped about this release and just another reason to dust off some of the classics and be shocked all over again.

I have the up most respect for all the directors, writers, producers and everyone involved during that time, who pushed the boundaries as to what could be allowed for the viewing public, even if almost all the Video Nasties where heavily banned and censored, even some still to this day! The World Premiere for this will be held at the UK Film4 FrightFest on Monday the 30th August at 11.15am. A horror celebrity panel will follow this definitive documentary.

origianlly posted here

New Video Nasties Documentary: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape - HorrorMovies.ca
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Video_Nastiesx.jpg (22.1 KB, 8 views)