Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Argent's Official Fan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st March 2014, 02:23 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Franco Nero's Keoma

Hi everyone,

So I recently watched Argent's release of the Spaghetti Western, Keoma and loved it! Just had to set-up a little thread about the DVD.

Who's a fan of this film?

Whilst not quite as good as Nero's Django it's still an excellent Spaghetti Western. The cast is fantastic with William Berger and Woody Strode joining Franco with his big bushy beard. Loving the Argent release too - with some very nice special features

Although...that soundtrack. That soundtrack! What were they thinking?

What are your thoughts on the film?

Old 3rd March 2014, 10:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Whilst not quite as good as Nero's Django...
I think it's superior to Django. In my opinion it is the more intelligent, more exciting and also more violent movie.

Quote:
Although...that soundtrack. That soundtrack! What were they thinking?
I absolutely love the soundtrack. One of the greatest soundtracks Italian Genre cinema has ever seen in my opinion that perfectly fits the film.
In general I admire the stylistic variety of music the De Angelis brothers were able to provide – from Bud Spencer to Keoma, from Orzowei to Mountain of the Cannibal Gods.
Old 4th March 2014, 01:45 AM
Active Cultist

Keoma is one of the greatest spaghetti westerns ever made. Its soundtrack isnt for everyone but i couldnt imagine viewing the film without it being there in the background.
Its cast is one of the best, there are plenty of familiar character actors in this as well. Not to mention a pre Zombie Flesh Eaten Olga Karlatos who plays an important role. Franco Nero was on top form in this one.
I also really like the gothic look of the sets, its quite similar to the later Sergio Martino film Mannaja in that regard as well as the De Angelis soundtracks.
One of my favourite ever films from for me the best director of Italian cinema Enzo Castellari. Check it out if you havent seen it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!