Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th July 2011, 05:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Question Odd ordering system?? (HMV)

I went into HMV crawley Today & Picked up a copy of The Kentucky Fried Movie as well as shameless sham0029 (New York Ripper FE).

I went to the till & ask if they have Pervert & Tenebrae, she informed me after looking on the system they have no intention of ordering either in,as they are flagged as unlikely to be "well selling" titles,she then said the same for Shameless TSVO Mrs Wardhl.

although I have got them I happened to question the non existence of Savage Streets,Vamp & some other recent Arrow Releases,she said the same again.

I cannot for the life of me work out why they order a few titles from arrow & seem to ignore & snub others,any ideas??

I have ordered all missing titles on amazon now,but that is not the point really
Old 6th July 2011, 05:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The HMV in Newcastle didn't seem to have Pervert* or Island of Death but they've stocked everything else. How do they decide what's likely to sell in one store and not another? Seems odd. I do say this about everytime I mention Arrow or Shameless and HMV but they are good for Shameless titles and they often display them prominently.

*incidentally, the release of Pervert totally passed me by as it is - never saw it in stores, I don't think the thread on here got bumped after release, can't imagine it was that great a seller for Arrow based on those facts.
Old 6th July 2011, 05:50 PM
Cultist

the hmv in redditch, near Birmingham, only stocks a few Arrow titles now, which is annoying. no Shameless to speak of........and The Arrow releases are things like Inferno, Fatastic Factory set, The Beyond, a single Vamp BD, Dawn and Day of The Dead BBD's...........

Any Arrow dvd i dont have that i see in there i Buy,

P.s: Pervert was once given away as a freebie disc with DVD WORLD magazine.....from Arrow, before this new packaging / branding came about
Old 6th July 2011, 05:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have no idea,how they assume what will sell. I can understand it if they had ordered say 2 copies of each in then they had been stuck on the shelf for say 6 weeks, but they never bother to even try see how they sell.
Old 6th July 2011, 06:03 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
I went into HMV crawley Today & Picked up a copy of The Kentucky Fried Movie as well as shameless sham0029 (New York Ripper FE).

I went to the till & ask if they have Pervert & Tenebrae, she informed me after looking on the system they have no intention of ordering either in,as they are flagged as unlikely to be "well selling" titles,she then said the same for Shameless TSVO Mrs Wardhl.

although I have got them I happened to question the non existence of Savage Streets,Vamp & some other recent Arrow Releases,she said the same again.

I cannot for the life of me work out why they order a few titles from arrow & seem to ignore & snub others,any ideas??

I have ordered all missing titles on amazon now,but that is not the point really
Crackpots Gold.
I've heard this shit many a time-you can order it online......

I KNOW THAT-IF I WANTED TO ORDER IT ONLINE AT A CHEAPER COST IWOULDN'T BE ****ING STANDING HERE ASKING YOU.
i'M TRYING TO KEEP YOU IN A JOB,HELP YOUR COMPANY AS A WHOLE.....

No wonder D-FENS went off the rails-that film was based on a consumer's experience whilst asking for a niche title in HMV.....
Rotten likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th July 2011, 06:06 PM
Cultist

yeah, we are all D-FENS in HMV trying to buy Arrow titles!
Old 6th July 2011, 06:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So right Reaps

She said she can order it in as a special request, I said to her that is pointless I may as well do it myself from Amazon to my door.

Again as you say,Although I order alot online,I wouldn't have gone there if That is what I wanted to do on this occasion,I had cash that is what I wanted to use to avoid using the Credit card & paying the interest.

The titles they seem to always have in are nearly identical to the ones Rotten has mentioned.

And for the shameless they only ever have the same 4 in stock & all of them are the very early releases.

Not even mentioning the £18 they want for some Arrow titles on DVD & £28!!! for BD
Old 6th July 2011, 06:14 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
So right Reaps

She said she can order it in as a special request, I said to her that is pointless I may as well do it myself from Amazon to my door.

Again as you say,Although I order alot online,I wouldn't have gone there if That is what I wanted to do on this occasion,I had cash that is what I wanted to use to avoid using the Credit card & paying the interest.

The titles they seem to always have in are nearly identical to the ones Rotten has mentioned.

And for the shameless they only ever have the same 4 in stock & all of them are the very early releases.

Not even mentioning the £18 they want for some Arrow titles on DVD & £28!!! for BD
i agree here, 18 quid is steep......BUT......you have the cash in your pocket and fancy seeing if that latest release is in store for that evenings viewing, and what happens?.........not only is it not there, but they wont even be getting it in
Old 6th July 2011, 06:17 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

ocassionally the mood takes me to go into HMV and look at their stock. Then I see the prices and head out pretty quickly. I'm an internet only buyer now (apart from some second hand) and will be until there is some narrowing of the price gap.

I would actually be willing to pay a pound or to be able to pick up stuff in store as and when I want it, but the prices their asking atm are just crazy. I have seen singel BD's going for as much as £30!
Old 6th July 2011, 06:29 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
yeah, we are all D-FENS in HMV trying to buy Arrow titles!
Do you think you'd get away with smashing up the place with a baseball bat for lower prices?

Like this? Share it using the links below!