Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2011, 10:13 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default London Riots: The Beyond Replacement Programme & Upcoming Title News

This statement is from Arrow Video - made on 9 August 2011.

Quote:
After five months we brought The Beyond replacement programme to a close, happy in the knowledge that all stock had long been corrected and customers could now surely purchase new copies without the need for a replacement, thus rendering any future replacement service redundant. When we discovered recently that customers newly purchasing copies of The Beyond were finding old discs we became alarmed and investigated the stock being held at our distribution centre, Sony DADC, Enfield with a view to discovering what had happened with the replacement of discs.

As most of you will be aware, the rioting in London spread to Enfield last night and the distribution centre was looted and set on fire. Thankfully no staff were harmed in this atrocious attack, but it does mean all Arrow stock, and the stock of many other distributors, is now no more. We are working with Sony DADC and our partners to find a solution for getting stock back in stores very soon. Stock that is currently with retailers is all that will be available for the moment and new releases such as Midnight and the forthcoming ArrowDrome titles will surely be affected.

In light of recent discs of The Beyond being sold uncorrected following our brief and incomplete investigation we have decided that as soon as our distribution centre is up and running again a supply of replacement discs will be made and of course new stock replenishment will be manufactured with the corrected disc. We thank you for your understanding through this difficult time and will update with news of the availability of Arrow stock as it is available.
Shameless Screen Entertainment have also been affected by this arson attack. For more info see this thread.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 9th August 2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 9th August 2011, 10:33 AM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Colin654

Very sorry to hear Sarah! I luckily got my copy very quickly but more importantly i send my condolences to Arrow and many of the other Independent Labels that held stock in that warehouse. We can only hope that karma will get those responsible! C
Old 9th August 2011, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Sad news indeed. It's good to hear that The Beyond's replacement programme will be continued, but all that counts at the moment is that nobody from the staff at the plant has been harmed.

Let's hope the whole situation will calm down as soon as possible (with all the anencephalous criminals being brought to justice) - with rescpect to the current incidents, give me permission to say: Arrow may arise like a phoenix from the ashes!

Greetings!

Last edited by Prince_Vajda; 9th August 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Very sorry to hear about those scumbags damaging your business, hope you get back to normal as soon as possible, and a very big thank you for announcing you'll replace all those pesky B/W discs(I guessed you might do as such) I know we members can get rowdy sometimes, but be in absolutely no doubt that we DO appreciate not only your great taste in releases but also your efforts to put things right when things go t*ts up(even if we don't say as much), long may you be at the forefront of the British cult-film scene, looking forward to the Arrowdrome range in particular. Good luck for the future.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:57 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

It's good to know that even though Arrow have clearly suffered because of these riots, they are still focussed on their customers' needs. Hopefully, service like this will quash some of the bashing that Arrow have received over this unfortunate error.

Let's just hope these riots come to an end soon, and no other persons or businesses suffer.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It's good to know that even though Arrow have clearly suffered because of these riots, they are still focussed on their customers' needs. Hopefully, service like this will quash some of the bashing that Arrow have received over this unfortunate error.

Let's just hope these riots come to an end soon, and no other persons or businesses suffer.
I totally agree. This would have been a great chance for Arrow to sweep the whole The Beyond affair under the carpet. Instead they keep us informed (as usual), and extend the (surely already quite expensive) replacement programme.

That's what I call customer service!

Greetings!
Old 9th August 2011, 01:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I am shocked!

Not only do I see pictures of ruined buildings which I remember from passing by on my strolls through these areas in years gone by - and now I have to read that one of my favourite publishers in the BD market is directly involved I get even more sad - this sh!t has to stop! I wish all people living in these areas all the best!
Old 9th August 2011, 01:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Thanks for that, Sarah. It's reassuring to know that in spite of the hardship created by this vandalism that Arrow are still taking time to address customers concerns.
Old 9th August 2011, 01:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's a real shame that so many discs have been stolen or burned, but it's great to see some forward thinking by Arrow with a move which is bound to satisfy all those who currently have an incorrect copy.
Old 9th August 2011, 03:01 PM
Cultist

Yes, it`s great for those who need to get the corrected version. I saw at other forums that people who was really angry and would boycott Arrow Video if they didn`t get their corrected version.

Like this? Share it using the links below!