Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Donnie Yen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2014, 06:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Rigor Mortis (2013) Produced by Takashi Shimizu

Starring: Chin Siu Ho, Kara Hui, Nina Paw Hee Ching, Antony Chan, Richard Ng
Chung Fat
Director: Juno Mak
Producer: Takashi Shimizu
Synopsis:
RIGOR MORTIS stars action movie veteran Chin Siu-ho (Siu-ho) as a former vampire hunting actor who now finds himself reaching the end of the line as a washed-up star who is also separated from his wife and alienated from his son. Down on his luck and with barely a dollar to his name, he checks into room 2442 in the housing estate which is allegedly a haunted flat. His aim is to end his misery by doing himself in, but instead Siu-ho is interrupted by some of the other "occupants" of the building including a Taoist master-exorcist (Anthony "Friend" Chan), a traumatized housewife with a tragic past (Kara Hui), as well as a seemingly benign elderly woman (Nina Paw) who has an empty coffin conspicuously hanging in the middle of her apartment.

Soon it becomes apparent to Siu-ho that the people around him, and the situation is far from normal. Despite his lack of belief in superstition, Siu-ho is soon thrust into the battle of his life as vicious vampires having a lot of unsettled business begin to rise from the dead?

movie trailer
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 23rd April 2014, 06:47 PM
Cultist

Good film.
Old 27th April 2014, 12:54 AM
Cult Rookie

I was watching the trailer going WTH a Japanese movie in Chinese!?!?!? Having just read Takashi Shimizu, i got a little excited LOL. His works are some of my favorites. I have all of "HIS" JU-ON films including the made for TV from Japan, and i enjoyed Reincarnation. It looks like this may be one i need to chack out.
Old 1st November 2014, 05:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Fun film Indeed

Like this? Share it using the links below!