wow!
october gonna be a killer month.
I will need to wait untill xmas for all these arrow goodies

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I saw the regular version of this the other day in HMV and was wondering if there would be a lovely special edition - this is indeed good news and one I wouldn't mind owning twice
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Here's hoping the BD release includes both cuts, and maybe the cool extras that were included on past releases.
Old 23rd July 2010, 07:44 PM
Cult Rookie

Mrs Brightside is getting rather miffed with my up-to-date reports on more Arrow must-have releases.
She says will you stop it, please?
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:19 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDrome View Post
Wow, did not see this coming! Awesome news Arrow and the Blu-ray just sweetens the deal.

Although, will this be region free?
All the Arrow BD's so far have been region free, this should be too.
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
All the Arrow BD's so far have been region free, this should be too.
Don't be too sure: most Japanese studios demand their licensed properties to be region-locked. Other labels, whose releases are whenever possible region-free, had to lock their releases of Japanese films (for example Eureka's Masters of Cinema sub-label).
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:41 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not sure. Guess we'll just need to wait until Arrow give out more info.
Old 24th July 2010, 12:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I really enjoyed BR and despite already owning Tartan's old steel tin edition and subsequent double disc set, Arrow's updated SD and HD releases will be another must-buy for me.

With such an impressive array of DVD and BR titles lined up this company is draining my bank account dry! But the expenditure is worth it!

However, i'm sure only a few weeks back i saw an Arrow DVD of BR for sale in HMV with only a trailer as an extra. This copy was the same that was advertised in a previous issue of DVD And Blu-Ray World.
Old 24th July 2010, 01:51 PM
Active Cultist

It's a great film. The Tartan 2-Disc DVD's extras apparently repeated a lot of stuff, so it would be amazing to have a nice package with lots of goodies.
Old 24th July 2010, 02:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
Don't be too sure: most Japanese studios demand their licensed properties to be region-locked. Other labels, whose releases are whenever possible region-free, had to lock their releases of Japanese films (for example Eureka's Masters of Cinema sub-label).
I think all the old Tartan dvd's were region free, including their weird decision for an NTSC one so hopefully they're not too strict with Battle Royale.

Like this? Share it using the links below!