Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > keirarts
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

1. Old Comment

Interactive terror.

My problem with games at the minute is to much online reliance at the expense of single player. Too many games last about 6 hours before finishing and then rely on online for longevity.

For a good co-op resident evil 5 is worth a look, not as good as resi 4 for single player, but the co-op is genuinely entertaining.
    Comment with Quote permalink
  2. Old Comment

Interactive terror.

Ah, I should have said I just played the Fallout campaign in co-op with a friend; I'm guessing the online part is the really good bit!

The campaign was actually good to start with it just got a bit repetitive...
    Posted 13th June 2011 at 11:17 PM by Stefan@Cult Labs Stefan@Cult Labs is offline
  3. Old Comment

Interactive terror.

I actually have to admit liking fallout. Its an open world game where you explore and build your own character. Not for all tastes mind.

Lately I LOVE deadly premonition on the 360.

Deadly Premonition (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

So far its the closet thing to a true b-movie video gaming has. Its deeply flawed with ps2-era grapghics and some pretty awful voice acting but strangely compelling.
    It 'homages' stuff like twin peaks and even attack of the killer tomatoes as well as j-horror.

budget release as well.
  4. Old Comment

Interactive terror.

I could tell it was Left 4 Dead from the first sentence!

I think the only film-version of a game I ever watched was the anime of Street Fighter II about 15 years ago (or something like that!) and it was really good.

With the exception of CoD MW 1 & 2 I haven't played a game I enjoyed for quite some time; the last one, the latest Fallout, was just repetitive gameplay interspersed with cinematic cutscenes, much like you describe.

A retro game bar opened up near me recently; dropped in and played Street Fighter II and Mario Kart on the SNES which was, to me, more fun than CoD Black Ops or any recent games I've played.

Any must-play titles out now?
    Posted 11th June 2011 at 06:09 AM by Stefan@Cult Labs Stefan@Cult Labs is offline
  5. Old Comment

lolcensors....(BBFC whats the point?)

Not anymore, back oop north in cumbria, working a dead end job at the minute Still, own my own home actually have a job (getting less common these days) and a little spare cash to keep up with all the dvd's. The writings more a hobby than anything.
    Glad you liked it though, thanks!
  6. Old Comment

lolcensors....(BBFC whats the point?)

great read thank you you still live in stoke?
  7. Old Comment

Most wanted.

ta!

I suspected as much, its mainly for curiositys sake more than anything. I really want to know how much worse than new york ripper the film could be.
  8. Old Comment

Most wanted.

GIALLO IN VENICE is pretty sleazy but not as bad as people say. I doubt we'll see it on dvd anytime soon as apparently the rights owner has no interest in doing a deal with anyone.

It would be cut if it were ever submitted to the bbfc.
  9. Old Comment

A calamity of snakes (or the things you get for a fiver on amazon!)

Its best seen as a product of its time, thank the lord film companies can't get away with this anymore, and animal cruelty is certainly a hot topic in genre films, yet as a carnivore I cant get myself that worked up over it, its no worse than watching a minstrel show, a shocking reminder of the way things once were. If you can get past it though the film is mental enough to actually be enjoyable (plus the snakes get their revenge!)
  10. Old Comment

A calamity of snakes (or the things you get for a fiver on amazon!)

I really hate CALAMITY OF SNAKES, the amount of snakes killed for that film is shocking.
  11. Old Comment

One day we may all be downloading films.

I agree, if a film is not made legitimately available then what do people expect! Thats why i'm surprised more enterprising companies dont spot the high price tag discs and re-issue them immediately, because clearly theirs a demand.

As for the covers issue, it wouldent be to hard to attach a copy of an authentic cover to the file to print out.

I for one would love the origional pre-cert vipco zombie flesh-eaters cover!
  12. Old Comment

One day we may all be downloading films.

great blog! i personally don't have a problem with downloading films and i do a lot of it but i also buy a lot of films too.

some films are either impossible to find on dvd or cost way too much money, i own about 1500 original dvd's and if it wasn't for torrents i wouldn't have gone out and spent my cash on most of my collection after seeing a downloaded avi first.

the idea would be great but a lot of people love the dvd covers and wouldn't give them up i think, cuz a print your own version just isn't the same.

really enjoyed reading this blog, thanks
  13. Old Comment

Best worst movie.

I do too!

Its a classic for sure, I think you'll enjoy the documentary!
  14. Old Comment

Best worst movie.

i love troll 2

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.