Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2013, 08:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
I would say they are a decent label. What I can tell you is that the poducer of the movie (Erwin C. Dietrich) was involved in the making of these editions and that he provided the material for the restoration of the movie. So I think we can hope for a good release
That good news! Just like he did for the Anchor DVDs (at least Jack the Ripper, never seen Doriana)
Old 4th August 2013, 05:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Although I'm pretty much spent up for the first half of August already, that's a very tempting price!
I too have spent a lot recently but Re-Animator is simply a must! I hope Amazon will reduce the price.
P.S. I asked Second Sight about their upcoming release of Re-Animator. It'll be released in January or February of 2014.
Old 4th August 2013, 06:25 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Knew it was coming at some point, but Shout Factory wil be releasing Tank Girl on blu-ray in November (in time for thanksgiving was the phrase used by Cliff MacMillan). Never thought in a million years that they'd use the teaser poster art for the cover, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

dream demon and keirarts like this.
Old 4th August 2013, 09:08 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
I too have spent a lot recently but Re-Animator is simply a must! I hope Amazon will reduce the price.
P.S. I asked Second Sight about their upcoming release of Re-Animator. It'll be released in January or February of 2014.
Predictably enough, I succumbed and ordered it from DTM.
Old 4th August 2013, 10:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quick question regarding this re-animator release.

Is this a new director approved cut, or have the distributors basically re-inserted the deleted scenes back into the film? (i.e A fan edit)

I'm a big fan of Re-animator and if Stuart Gordon is signing off on this then I may look at ordering if not then its not really worth the 40 euros to me, i'll wait for the second sight release.

If it is just the deleted scenes stuck back in I can't really see it working as a film. One of Re-animators biggest strengths is its frantic pacing and structure. I've seen the deleted footage on various special editions and its interesting stuff, I just don't want it in the movie.

These extended cuts can be interesting to see, DAWN OF THE DEAD the workprint version is interesting but the theatrical cut is the better film for example.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I do want the extended cut and sounds like Second Sight is only unrated version but extras might have forced subs.

I got Chucky Collection on pre order and soon will pre order Amityville Boxset!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th August 2013, 03:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Quick question regarding this re-animator release.

Is this a new director approved cut, or have the distributors basically re-inserted the deleted scenes back into the film? (i.e A fan edit)

I'm a big fan of Re-animator and if Stuart Gordon is signing off on this then I may look at ordering if not then its not really worth the 40 euros to me, i'll wait for the second sight release.

If it is just the deleted scenes stuck back in I can't really see it working as a film. One of Re-animators biggest strengths is its frantic pacing and structure. I've seen the deleted footage on various special editions and its interesting stuff, I just don't want it in the movie.

These extended cuts can be interesting to see, DAWN OF THE DEAD the workprint version is interesting but the theatrical cut is the better film for example.
The Extended Cut - which in fact was not approved by the director or producer - is included in HD because the cut is very popular among many fans in Germany. It has been floating around here since the 80s, so many fans got to know the movie through that version.

Also, TLE films had the possibilty to scan all the necessary elements in 4k, so they decided to put it on Blu-ray disc Nr. 2 of the set.

So once again, included are:
Unrated cut (HD)
Extended Cut (HD)
TV Cut (SD)

If you want the complete explanation why they chose to include the extended cut, you can find Torsten Kaiser's statement (and put it through babelfish) here:

Capelight bringt RE-ANIMATOR und BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR auf BD!!! - Seite 47
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th August 2013, 03:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
The Extended Cut - which in fact was not approved by the director or producer - is included in HD because the cut is very popular among many fans in Germany. It has been floating around here since the 80s, so many fans got to know the movie through that version.

Also, TLE films had the possibilty to scan all the necessary elements in 4k, so they decided to put it on Blu-ray disc Nr. 2 of the set.

So once again, included are:
Unrated cut (HD)
Extended Cut (HD)
TV Cut (SD)

If you want the complete explanation why they chose to include the extended cut, you can find Torsten Kaiser's statement (and put it through babelfish) here:

Capelight bringt RE-ANIMATOR und BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR auf BD!!! - Seite 47
Cheers for the info.

Think i'll wait for the SecondSight (or scream factory) release..
Old 7th August 2013, 04:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Although there already exists a great UK and US release, this might be interesting for some of you.

Release date: 13.09.2013

Ltd. to 3000 units. (There is als a Ltd. Hardbox edition, only 100 units - this one is ofdb.de exclusive *edit* Forget it, already sold out within 3 hours)

Bonus-Features (I didn't translate them, because you propably understand most of the stuff):

Audiokommentar mit Regisseur Stuart Gordon und dem Cast (englisch)
Audiokommentar mit Drehbuchautor Denis Paoli (englisch)
Audiokommentar mit Kai Naumann & Marcus Stiglegger (deutsch)

Multiple Dimensions – Featurette über die aufwendigen Make-Up & Creature Effects mit den Verantwortlichen (John
Buechler, Anthony Doublin, John Naulin und Mark Shostrom) (20 Min.)
Monsters & Slime – Die Effekte von From Beyond (20 Min.)
Paging Dr. McMichaels – Ein Interview mit Hauptdarstellerin Barbara Crampton (15 Min.)
The Doctor is in - Ein Interview mit Hauptdarstellerin Barbara Crampton (14 Min.)
A Tortured Soul – Ein Interview mit Hauptdarsteller Jeffrey Combs (15 Min.)
An Empire Production – Ein Interview mit dem ausführenden Produzenten Charles Band (5 Min.)
Gothic Adaptation - Ein Interview mit Drehbuchautor Dennis Paoli (15 Min.)
Stuart Gordon über From Beyond (20 Min.)
The Director's Perspective - Ein Interview mit Regisseur Stuart Gordon (9 Min.) [nur SD]
• Interview mit Komponist Richard Band (4 Min.) [nur SD]
The Editing Room: Lost And Found - Ein Interview mit Stuart Gordon und Restaurations-Team (5 Min.) [nur SD]
• Foto-Montage (3 Min.) [nur SD]
• Storyboard/Film-Vergleiche (20 Min.) [nur SD]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46834_f.jpg (20.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 46835_f.jpg (69.0 KB, 4 views)
sawyer6 and Metallicbomb like this.
Old 7th August 2013, 04:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Decisions decisions.
Re-Animator 3 disc set from Amazon in Germany or
the 5 disc set from Amazon in Spain?
Could purchase both I suppose!

Like this? Share it using the links below!