Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2011, 02:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I imagine what will happen is that Deodato will create a new edit and that will be then submitted to the BBFC, who may then request further cuts. It's probably best to wait and see what happens - but if Deodato leaves in all the sexual violence, it's likely to still fall foul of the BBFC's scissors.
Old 20th March 2011, 03:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I imagine what will happen is that Deodato will create a new edit and that will be then submitted to the BBFC, who may then request further cuts. It's probably best to wait and see what happens - but if Deodato leaves in all the sexual violence, it's likely to still fall foul of the BBFC's scissors.
Yeah but I got a feeling to save cost they might just remove the most offending sexual violence scenes so they dont have to re-submit it later.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th March 2011, 04:55 PM
Active Cultist

It would be nice to see this release on a steelbook
Old 20th March 2011, 05:03 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Yeah but I got a feeling to save cost they might just remove the most offending sexual violence scenes so they dont have to re-submit it later.
I shouldn't think Shamless would "pre-cut" the film. As far as I'm aware, then intention is for Deodato to re-edit the film removing the illegal (for the UK footage) of animal cruelty scenes, nothing else.

Of course, as this is the UK, the BBFC have final say and neither Shameless or Deodato have any choice regarding that, but Shameless are exploring every avenue with this and are going to do everything in their power to make sure this is as uncensored as possible. I can't say too much at the present time as I don't want to cause speculation that might just prove false.

Just remember, there's a good while to go before Shameless release this title so don't wear yourselves out going round in circles wondering what might and might not be in this re-edit. I know Shameless are soon going to be wanting the opinions of forum members on certain aspects of this release so keep your eyes peeled for new threads and polls showing up in coming weeks.

Hopefully these should keep us occupied for the time-being!
Old 20th March 2011, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I shouldn't think Shamless would "pre-cut" the film. As far as I'm aware, then intention is for Deodato to re-edit the film removing the illegal (for the UK footage) of animal cruelty scenes, nothing else.

Of course, as this is the UK, the BBFC have final say and neither Shameless or Deodato have any choice regarding that, but Shameless are exploring every avenue with this and are going to do everything in their power to make sure this is as uncensored as possible. I can't say too much at the present time as I don't want to cause speculation that might just prove false.

Just remember, there's a good while to go before Shameless release this title so don't wear yourselves out going round in circles wondering what might and might not be in this re-edit. I know Shameless are soon going to be wanting the opinions of forum members on certain aspects of this release so keep your eyes peeled for new threads and polls showing up in coming weeks.

Hopefully these should keep us occupied for the time-being!
thats very good news Sarah if they only remove the animal cruelty.

At least then we can see if now in 2011, what the BBFC do with the sexual violence in the film.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th March 2011, 05:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Deodato should prepare a strong version with Italian dialogue and English subtitles. The BBFC will go easier on it if it's classed as a World Cinema title. Arthouse always gets away with more.
Old 20th March 2011, 07:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Deodato should prepare a strong version with Italian dialogue and English subtitles. The BBFC will go easier on it if it's classed as a World Cinema title. Arthouse always gets away with more.

no harm in trying that approach

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st March 2011, 12:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

A few people in this thread have mentioned that they've never seen Cannibal Holocaust, and they can't wait to get their hands on this revisionist version so they can finally watch the film. I have a question. Wouldn't you guys like to see the original version of this highly controversial and infamous film at least once?

I'm hugely curious to see what Deodato will do with this. I'm not going to speculate as to what he will or won't do, but I'm intrigued, certainly, and look forward to seeing it. It will never replace the original vision though.
Old 21st March 2011, 12:28 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
A few people in this thread have mentioned that they've never seen Cannibal Holocaust, and they can't wait to get their hands on this revisionist version so they can finally watch the film. I have a question. Wouldn't you guys like to see the original version of this highly controversial and infamous film at least once?

I don't think anyone can make a comment on this until we actually know what the film is going to look like in this new cut though. Calling it a 'revisionist' version seems a bit unfair at the minute - it might not turn out like the re-released versions of the original Star Wars trilogy!
Old 21st March 2011, 12:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The fact that Deodato is involved is bound to pique interest amongst genre fans and collectors - I think it's a smart move by Shameless to do this. I'd rather a director-approved version than a BBFC-approved version, if you see what I mean.

Also, where Shameless will score points will be in amassing some undoubtedly impressive extras. Even though I'll still be tracking down an uncut BD release, should one surface somewhere, but I'll also be grabbing the Shameless disc. The fact that it'll be an edit supervised by Deodato himself will make it a collectible. But I also hope that this new version won't negate the original version, which is a real powerhouse of a film in its uncut form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I don't think anyone can make a comment on this until we actually know what the film is going to look like in this new cut though. Calling it a 'revisionist' version seems a bit unfair at the minute - it might not turn out like the re-released versions of the original Star Wars trilogy!
Now there's a thought! Deodato could do a Lucas special and replace all the live animals with CGI ones! I bet that'd be passed uncut in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 21st March 2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Merged because there were two posts in as many minutes
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!