Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/4886-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-archive-discussion.html)

Jonny 8th March 2011 02:32 PM

SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Archive Discussion

Do I win a prize for guessing?

Cannibal Holocaust: New 2011 Cut

A new 2011 cut of Cannibal Holocaust (1979) is currently being completed in conjunction with Shameless Films for release in Summer 2011 and will be premiered at Cine-Excess V.

More info...

Cine-Excess V

Paul@TheOverlook 8th March 2011 02:46 PM

I think you should get a prize for that - you may want to snap a plethora of cabinet-encased DVDs just to make sure. :pound:

All jokes aside, that really looks like a great event. Wish I could attend but I’ll have moved from London by then and won’t be coming back in a hurry.

Also, and I have to hand it to Shameless, whoever it was that came up with the idea of getting Deodato to oversee a new version of the film. There was absolutely no way in hell that the film would have gotten an uncut release but by getting the director back to oversee a new version of the film (sans animal cruelty, I take it) the film’s got as good a chance as any passing the BBFC without cuts.

I’m sure there are a lot of people who have avoided the film in the past because of the animal cruelty, or, if you’re like me, have avoided re-watching it for years (I finally saw it again last year after telling myself I wouldn’t for 16 years!). I would imagine with all the controversy the film caused at the time of release and the kicking it still gets from some people today, Deodato would have been happy to be given the opportunity to go back and re-assess the problematic elements. I’m definitely up for seeing a revised version.

Jonny 8th March 2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 133937)
Also, and I have to hand it to Shameless, whoever it was that came up with the idea of getting Deodato to oversee a new version of the film. There was absolutely no way in hell that the film would have gotten an uncut release but by getting the director back to oversee a new version of the film (sans animal cruelty, I take it) the film’s got as good a chance as any passing the BBFC without cuts.

Yeah, it's great choice for releasing and it'll sail through the BBFC without the animal cruelty. It's a standout film without those elements so it'll be great to see this released over here in an all new Director approved version.

Looking forward to it.

Demoncrat 8th March 2011 02:53 PM

....???

all i can say is "Michty me!!" :eek:

mr 420 8th March 2011 02:57 PM

Congrats to the team, some good thinking out of the box there. I really liked Cannibal Holocaust but absolutely abhorred the cruelty towards the animals. I actually quite enjoyed the butchered vipco dvd because it removed the animal footage.

Paul@TheOverlook 8th March 2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 133943)
Congrats to the team, some good thinking out of the box there. I really liked Cannibal Holocaust but absolutely abhorred the cruelty towards the animals. I actually quite enjoyed the butchered vipco dvd because it removed the animal footage.

...and god only knows how much else. There was a hell of a lot more than the animal cruely missing from the "kiddie-friendly" Vicpo release. People forget just how grim the film is even without the animal stuff.

mr 420 8th March 2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 133945)
...and god only knows how much else. There was a hell of a lot more than the animal cruely missing from the "kiddie-friendly" Vicpo release. People forget just how grim the film is even without the animal stuff.

Very true Paul. I just thought it was a bit early in the day to start going on about forced abortions and the like. Some people may be eating their tea.:)

Paul@TheOverlook 8th March 2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 133947)
Very true Paul. I just thought it was a bit early in the day to start going on about forced abortions and the like. Some people may be eating their tea.:)

It's never too early in the day for a forced abortion, mate. :lol:

mr 420 8th March 2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 133949)
It's never too early in the day for a forced abortion, mate. :lol:

Somehow I think this is one avenue we really shouldn't be veering off into.:)

tollickd 8th March 2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul@lovelockandload (Post 133937)
i think you should get a prize for that - you may want to snap a plethora of cabinet-encased dvds just to make sure. :pound: .

lol I don't do it for prizes I do it for the passion on hobby :p