Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Giveaway 2011! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   Christmas Comp #4 - Danger Mouse Box Set - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/christmas-giveaway-2011/7300-christmas-comp-4-danger-mouse-box-set-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th December 2011 12:21 AM

Christmas Comp #4 - Danger Mouse Box Set - FINISHED

Helllooo!

Now this prize would make an EXCELLENT present for those who enjoy a bit of nostalgia, any children you may know...or, indeed, for yourself. Whichever.

Here's all the details and all that stuff...

THE WORLD’S GREATEST SECRET AGENT TURNS 30!

To celebrate the 30th birthday of the greatest secret agent the world has ever known and one of Britain’s best loved animated characters, Danger Mouse, this September FremantleMedia Enterprises is releasing Danger Mouse – The Complete Collection 30th Anniversary Edition as a 10-disc DVD set featuring every single episode of Danger Mouse and, for the first time ever, in the correct screening order. The collection also comes with a brand new extra feature exclusive to this release, the never-seen-before featurette “Danger Mouse And Friends”.

First broadcast on 28th September 1981 and starring David Jason as the intrepid hero and Terry Scott as his faithful but bumbling assistant Penfold, Danger Mouse was an instant hit with children and adults alike and has since become a national institution. The show’s enormous popularity was confirmed when it ranked third in Channel 4’s poll of the 100 Greatest Kids’ TV Shows, just behind The Simpsons and The Muppet Show, respectively, and ahead of the likes of Bagpuss, Scooby-Doo, Wallace and Gromit and even Doctor Who!

Operating from a secret base concealed in a post box on a quiet corner in Mayfair, Danger Mouse and Penfold are committed to fighting evil and villainy wherever they raise their ugly heads. Their commanding officer and the Head of World Security is Colonel K, a gruff and absent-minded old chinchilla who remains in contact with his two best agents by a videophone linked to Danger Mouse’s flat and car. Amongst all the world’s villains, their number one arch-nemesis is a despicable toad known as Baron Silas Greenback. Assisted by his pet caterpillar, Nero, and a skinny Italian crow with a heart as black as his feathers, known as Stiletto, Greenback is known in criminal circles as the greatest evil genius in the universe because of the brilliant inventions and diabolical schemes he uses to make his dream of ruling the world a reality. Only Danger Mouse and Penfold stand between the Baron and world domination.

Produced by the BAFTA and Emmy award winning Cosgrove Hall Films (The Wind In The Willows; Postman Pat; Chorlton And The Wheelies; Terry Pratchett’s Truckers) and also featuring the very first appearances of that other much-loved animated character, Count Duckula, Danger Mouse – The Complete Collection 30th Anniversary Edition is the ultimate DVD release for Danger Mouse fans.

Danger Mouse – The Complete Collection 30th Anniversary Edition (cert. U) will be released on DVD (£49.99) by FremantleMedia Enterprises on 26th September 2011. Special Features include: Danger Mouse And Friends; pilot episode; interviews with Brian Cosgrove and Mark Hall; exclusive behind-the-scenes footage; Danger Mouse game; original theme tune ideas; biographies; stills galleries.

Danger Mouse - YouTube

So how do you win this competition in out countdown?

Welllllllllllllll....

Simply answer the below question and PM (Private Message) me your answer. Those who get it correct before midnight will be put into a random draw and 1 winner will be selected.

The question goes like this -

Carrying on with nostalgic cartoons, here's a character from a cartoon I used to watch as a kid. Name the show and the character's name....

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Kyle :cool:

P.S. Liking those animated GIFs? ;)

Jinx_Barkman 4th December 2011 04:22 AM

Answer is in. I hope you received it.:cool:

Make Them Die Slowly 4th December 2011 09:02 AM

I haven't a clue but have spent several interesting hours on google images after typing in "naked beast in pink high heels".;)

trouserpress 4th December 2011 11:48 AM

That is really hard! Of course, part of the problem lies in trying to work out how old Kyle is, as what he watched in his childhood does not necessarily correspond with what was on during my childhood...

Make Them Die Slowly 4th December 2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 201686)
That is really hard! Of course, part of the problem lies in trying to work out how old Kyle is, as what he watched in his childhood does not necessarily correspond with what was on during my childhood...

Have you ever seen a photo of Kyle? He's impossibly young looking, however I believe there is an aged, hideous decaying portrait of him showing his true self up in his attic...

sawyer6 4th December 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 201686)

Maybe teenhood for you:tongue1:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th December 2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 201687)
Have you ever seen a photo of Kyle? He's impossibly young looking, however I believe there is an aged, hideous decaying portrait of him showing his true self up in his attic...

Who told you that?! Damn it, my secret is out! :faint:

I'm 21 [thousand years old], Trouserpress.

Rik 4th December 2011 12:43 PM

Took some doing but I got there in the end :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th December 2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 201657)
I haven't a clue but have spent several interesting hours on google images after typing in "naked beast in pink high heels".;)

I thought that was one of your regular search options MTDS. :shocked:

Slippery Jack 4th December 2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 201696)

I'm 21

Damn. I'm 28 and also have fond memories of this show (including playing to death a 3D Movie Maker game featuring the characters) - I'm not sure what this says about my mental age, or maybe the show just ran for a lonnng time . . . ?