Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011 > Christmas Giveaway 2011!
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2011, 11:27 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #21 - Mother's Day - FINISHED

Hello again,

Today's prize is....

“AN EFFECTIVE CHILLER.” – EMPIRE.

Loosely based on Charles Kaufman’s 1980 Troma classic, Mother’s Day sees Rebecca De Mornay (Wedding Crashers; Lords Of Dogtown) heading a killer cast in a role that makes her psychotic character from “The Hand That Rocks The Cradle” look like Mother Theresa.

Produced by Brett Ratner (the Rush Hour trilogy; X-Men: The Last Stand; Red Dragon), directed by Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II, III and IV) and starring De Mornay, Jaime King (My Bloody Valentine; The Spirit), Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood), Briana Evigan (Burning Bright; Sorority Row; Step Up 2: The Streets) and Shawn Ashmore (Frozen; Hatchet II; the X-Men trilogy), this nail-biting thriller has been described as “intense” (Dread Central) and “relentlessly efficient… a cracking film” (Eye For Film).

Following a disastrous bank robbery attempt that leaves one of their number critically wounded, three brothers head for their childhood home to take refuge until the dust settles. What they don’t know is their mother (De Mornay) recently lost possession of the house in a foreclosure and no longer lives there. Instead, they stumble across the new owners, a young couple, and their guests who are in the middle of birthday celebration. Seeing no alternative, the brothers take the partygoers hostage before contacting their mother to explain their dilemma. Willing to do anything to protect her offspring, mother arrives at the scene, along with her only daughter (Woll), and immediately takes control of the situation while masterminding a plan to help her family escape across the border from the US into Canada. Unfortunately for the hostages, mother’s plot requires some serious funding and she’s determined to get hold of it any way she can. So begins a long night of psychological terror in which loyalties are tested, secrets are revealed and sins are punished by a deeply disturbed woman with maternal instincts that can only be described as murderous.

Co-starring Lyriq Bent (Saw II, III and IV), Kandyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica), Patrick John Flueger (The 4400), Warren Kole (24) and Matt O’Leary (Sorority Row; Die Hard 4), Mother’s Day is both “an intense, horrifying experience” (Alan Jones, Radio Times) and “a gruesome pleasure” (The Sun).

Mother’s Day
(cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£15.99), Blu-ray (£19.99) and iTunes (£9.99) by Studiocanal on 24th October 2011. Special Features include: interviews with stars Rebecca De Mornay, Jaime King, Patrick Flueger, Warren Kole, Briana Evigan, Matt O’Leary, Shawn Ashmore and Lyriq Bent, producer Richard Saperstein, executive producers Lloyd Kaufman and Charles Kaufman and stunt coordinator Bobby King; B roll footage; trailer; 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 Dolby Digital audio options; optional English subtitles for the hard of hearing.

Simply figure out this question and PM me the answer...

Which 1970s British horror film tells the story of a murderous mother who after being freed from an insane aslyum cannot control her urges to kill again?

PM me your answers people before midnight to be entered into the random draw.

The winner will be able to choose whether they'd prefer the DVD or the Blu-Ray.

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 21st December 2011, 10:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

I think I got it
Old 21st December 2011, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

This has got me stumped! Shame as I'd like to see this too.
Old 21st December 2011, 10:51 PM
Cult Addict

I think I've got it but I'm not sure.
Old 21st December 2011, 11:08 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And the randomly selected winner is....

Jinx Barkman!

Congratulations!

The correct answer was Frightmare.

Kyle
Old 21st December 2011, 11:15 PM
Cult Addict

congrats Jinx.
Old 21st December 2011, 11:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Congrats jinx
Old 21st December 2011, 11:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks everyone. I'll have the blu-ray if that's available Kyle.
Old 22nd December 2011, 07:03 AM
Cultist in Training

Congrats Jinx
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:05 AM
Cultist in Training

congrats Jinx !!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!