Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:11 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #2 - The Aggression Scale - FINISHED

Hello again everyone,

It's time for the 2nd Christmas comp of the year! Horray! This prize is a cracker - it's a fantastic film that you will love. Think adult version of Home Alone and you're half way there...

The Aggression Scale

“Damn near perfect.” – BeyondHollywood.com.

Home Alone” meets “First Blood” as two teen siblings take on a group of vicious hitmen in this tense and brutal home invasion thriller from up-and-coming genre director Steven C. Miller.

Directed by Steven C. Miller (Scream Of The Banshee; Zombie Transfusion), the man behind the soon-to-be-released suburban nightmare shocker “Under The Bed” and the highly anticipated reboot of the 1984 cult classic “Silent Night, Deadly Night”.

Written by Ben Powell (Satanic), the film stars Ryan Hartwig (Parks And Recreation; Cold Case), Fabianne Therese (John Dies At The End) and Derek Mears (Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides; Predators; Friday The 13th) and reunites “Twins Peaks” stars Ray Wise (Mad Men; X-Men: First Class; Reaper) and Dana Ashbrook (Crash; The Kill Point).

Released from prison on bail for 48 hours after being charged with murder, ruthless crime boss Reg Bellavance is planning on avoiding a life behind bars by skipping the country with his young son. But first he needs to lay his hands on the illegally gained stash of cash he had put aside to fund his departure. Bellavance places the task of finding the money in the hands of hitman Lloyd and his accomplices, instructing them to hunt down and kill anybody who could possibly have been involved in the money’s disappearance. Their bloody trail of murder and destruction eventually leads to the new home of Bill and Maggie Rutledge and their kids, Lauren and Owen. On paper, this particular hit should be the easiest and most rewarding of the lot. What Lloyd and his goons don’t know – but are soon to find out – is emotionally disturbed Owen has a secret history of violent behaviour that makes their exploits look like child’s play in comparison.

If, like us, you’ve ever wondered what “Home Alone” would have been like if it had been a gritty, violent thriller instead of a cutesy, slapstick comedy then ‘The Aggression Scale’ is just the film for you. There’s still plenty of black humour here, but the tension, action and bloodletting is seriously hardcore, thanks in no small part to the presence of one of cinema’s most original anti-heroes in the form of young Owen Rutledge. And, just when you think the movie is over, director Steven C. Miller delivers a fantastic head-rush of a final scene that will have genre fans begging for more.

“Clever, sleazy and breezy crime thriller… Home Alone meets Rambo… one hell of a fun flick.” – Dread Central.

The Aggression Scale Trailer 2012 HD - YouTube

THE AGGRESSION SCALE is out on DVD and Blu-ray on the 3rd September

-------------------

TO WIN....

Simply answer the following question:

2012 saw a brand new section added to the forum dedicated to the very best of television, but which cult TV show is this strange family from?

Slightly harder than yesterday's. Think you know the answer? Then PM (Private Message) me before midnight and you'll be entered into a random draw. One lucky winner will be selected just before the start of tomorrow's comp.

Good luck!

Kyle
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Actually, this is my family
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:55 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And again, don't write the answer on this thread. Send me a Private Message with your answer. It's nice and simple. These will get tougher, so be warned
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I already won this earlier on here
Its a pretty decent film i enjoyed it .... so thank you for all the comps u keep putting up each week.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:54 AM
Cult Veteran

Haha that picture takes me back!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd December 2012, 11:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's a great film, I rented it on the strength of recommendations from here
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Wow Kyle, that's tough. A TV show about dinosaurs? I can't imagine what they might have called it.
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
Wow Kyle, that's tough. A TV show about dinosaurs? I can't imagine what they might have called it.
looks like dragons den photo.
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:54 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It's a great film, I rented it on the strength of recommendations from here
It really is great Rik! Glad to hear you're a fan it

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
You're right, TP - it sure is a toughie. I doubt if anyone will get it!
Old 2nd December 2012, 02:14 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I would enter, but having already seen the film, and thought it was unimpressive, I won't bother.

The core idea was decent enough, but the film just seemed to lack something. I think it could've been harder edged and I didn't find the young protagonist very believable, certainly not scary or particularly aggressive. There's kids round here who are tougher and more aggressive than that kid.

But anyway, back to the Comp...

Like this? Share it using the links below!