Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:19 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #23 - A Surprise! - FINISHED

Christmas is a time for surprises! And boy have we got a surprise for you...or do we? Don't ask me, it's a surprise!*

One lucky winner will be rewarded something cool from the Cult Labs' HQ. A DVD/Blu-ray of a top must-see film, maybe an eye-catching t-shirt or exclusive film merchandise.

To be in with a chance of winning this surprise prize, all you have to do is answer one interesting question...

Which film, if any, are you most excited about seeing in 2013?

Share your thoughts in this thread! The very best answer will be selected tomorrow and rewarded with a great cult goodie!

So post your entries and GOOD LUCK!

Kyle

*plus I don't know.
sawyer6 and SharonLynette like this.
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:25 PM
Cultist

Without a doubt it is Guillermo Del Toro's PACIFIC RIM. Giant monsters fighting giant robots from a total kaiju fanboy? sign me up!
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Where do you start with 2013? There is Django Unchained, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Bullet in the Head, Last Stand, Monster University and Del Toros Pacific Rim!

I think what most excites me about 2013 is news about Star Wars Episode VII! Yes I am a little Star Wars obsessed but the news of the film due in 2015 has got me more than a little excited! With writer confirmed and rumours of director announcement for January what a great start to the year. Also 2013 is sure to bring casting announcements, who will return, what characters from Expanded Universe may we see? Only time will tell and with Celebration Europe 2 hitting Germany in July we may get some exclusive news.

I think my release of 2013 I am most excited about would be a tie between Pacific Rim or Walter Hills Bullet in the Head!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Without a hesitation, Pacific Rim.

Generally, I have little time for big budget Hollywood blockbusters but this has me tingling like a child on Christmas Eve.

A massive tribute to Japanese Kaiju and Mecha films directed by Guillermo del Toro for feck's sake! After the dreary and frustrating failures of Godzilla (1998), Cloverfield and Monsters (and skirting over the embarrassing Transformers nonsense), I have hopes that this will finally be the one to do the job. I have hopes that will bring the special joy and wonder of giant monsters to a mass audience with a decent film.

Yes, I am looking forward to Pacific Rim, like I haven't looked forward to a Hollywood film since...well...probably The Empire Strikes Back when I was 10 years old!
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:31 PM
Cult Addict

Oh my, well i'm looking forward to Pacific Rim and Star Trek: Into Darkness as well as Monster University...but Kaguya-Hime no Monogatari is what is getting me very excited indeed. I love it when Ghibli do spin's on traditional folk tale's. Ponyo, Princess Mononoke, Arrietty, and Tales from Earthsea just being some of the spell binding examples, and Kaguya-Hime no Monogatari look's to be based of a truely obscure japanese myth. I'm very excited to say the least.
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Even though it's a 2012 film, I probably won't see it ultil 2013, so it's Django Unchained for me.
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Mad Max: Fury Road. Mad Max 2 is one of my all time favourite films and this looks like it'll be in a similar vein. Just look at all the Post-Apocalyptic vehicular type goodness!

Old 23rd December 2012, 10:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

At the moment I'm most intrigued by Ben Wheatley's A Field In England. Firstly, it's a Ben Wheatley film, so it's automatically worth seeing. Secondly, it's set during the English Civil war with hints of the supernatural in the plot synopsis, so I'm thinking Witchfinder General-esque goodness. Thirdly, the cast of army deserters include Wheatley regular Michael Smiley, The Boosh's Julian Barratt, and The League's Reece Shearsmith! Forget yer blockbuster bollocks, a band of Roundheads going mental in an evil field's where it's at in 2013 . . .
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well for something slightly different, I'm looking forward to and have high hopes for The Great Gatsby.
I can't exactly say I love Baz Luhrmann, but I do and I don't. Strictly Ballroom is one of my favourite films I rate it so highly and his version of Romeo & Juliet I actually rather liked, everything else though, nope, Moulin Rouge I hated and I didn't bother with Australia but having watched the trailer for this I'm actually quite excited, hopefully it will be more than just an exciting trailer. I should spur me on to actually finish the book too.

Other than that I haven't paid much attention, I rarely go to the cinema so I try not to get too excited as I have to wait for things to come out to rent.
Old 23rd December 2012, 11:05 PM
Cult Master

Pacific Rim
The Lone Ranger
Gangster Squad
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For if it gets released.

Like this? Share it using the links below!