Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2009, 11:10 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I just picked up the three Arrow titles in HMV Rochdale.

"House" was displayed in the new releases section,2nd shelf from the floor,with 2 copies, covers facing out.1 copy in A to Z horror section.

"Sleepless" is in the A to Z horror section,3 copies.

"Macabre" could not be found.I asked the store's assistant manager if they were stocking it,and he said yes.On checking staff had placed it in the world cinema section.It was then moved to the A to Z horror section.3 copies.

Whilst chatting with the assistant manager,he said he would be recommending all 3 titles to his regular horror customers.
Old 29th June 2009, 01:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Competition

HMV York have all 3 Arrow titles -
New Releases Shelf on ground Floor, 2nd shelf up Macabre and House, same place Prisoner Cell Block H Volume 2 occupied the other week.
Horror Section 1st Floor, Sleepless only.
But,
General Film 1st Floor, House By The Cemetery and Macabre

House and Macabre seemed to be selling better than Sleepless. HMV York generally are very good at getting cult/horror titles in. They always have Shameless discs, maybe not on the day of release but they get them in.

I've bought House and Sleepless. House By The Cemetery is one of my favourite Fulci films and I think this is my fourth copy now.
Old 29th June 2009, 02:18 PM
Active Cultist

Norwich is blessed with two HMVs, and I looked in both of them today: the smaller one didn't have any Arrow titles, but the larger one had all three proudly lined up at the bottom of the "new releases" rack by the entrance. Sleepless was in the horror section too, although the other two weren't. So, that'd be...

Store brand: HMV
(e)

Store brand: HMV
(d) - (a) and (b)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arrow1.JPG (58.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg arrow2.jpg (81.8 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Nora; 29th June 2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 29th June 2009, 04:39 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanks guys for the feedback - I've got friends staying and am showing them around London (and we're melting) I'll be checking in properly tomorrow to go through all these brilliant insights into how the range is rolling out.

Thanks guys - it's truly appreciated by Arrow - get your addresses PM'd in to me for those DVDs!
Old 29th June 2009, 05:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Okay, sorry no pics here, but : HMV in Belfast city centre has :

Sleepless on display in the horror section, 9 all together, 8 face on and 1 spine-on, with a further 6 in the general dvd section, so 15 all in.

House by the Cemetery on display in the World Cinema section, 9 all together, 8 face on and 1 spine-on, none in the general dvd section.

Macabre on display in the World Cinema section, 10 all together, 9 face on and 1 spine-on, none in the general dvd section.

The titles were nowhere to be found in their New Release wall, or chart walls. Hope that helps!
Old 29th June 2009, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I went to 2 hmv stores in Manchester today and could only find Sleepless in each - the bigger store on Market Street was well stocked (about 8-9 copies) and they were in the horror section (pic is hmv1).

The second store was in the arndale (the old zavvi shop) and there was only 1 copy, which was hidde behind a load of other titles, again in the horror section (it's on the bottom middle row of the pic named hmv2)

Must admit, I never thought of looking in the World Cinema section . I'll have a look when I'm next in...

There were no copies on any end-aisle displays or in the chart/new releases section.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hmv1.jpg (33.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg hmv2.jpg (32.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 29th June 2009, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Free DVD 's Almar? I thought we were just helping out!
Old 30th June 2009, 08:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They had them in Gasgow:

I picked up House in the world cinema section, Macabre was in there aswell and Sleepless was in the horror section.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 30th June 2009, 03:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
They had them in Gasgow:

I picked up House in the world cinema section, Macabre was in there aswell and Sleepless was in the horror section.
And one less copy of each of them this afternoon
Old 30th June 2009, 04:03 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanking you and everyone else so far for your custom!

Like this? Share it using the links below!