Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2012, 09:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Yours truly has been somewhat preoccupied recently with a pleasing and totally unexpected PPI refund. The result of, without doubt the most lucrative telephone enquiry i've ever initiated and one i originally never intended to bother with. Even then i had little or no faith in the relevant claim once the call was made! After sharing the wealth a bit with loved ones, me being me i just had to indulge in a sizeable spot of DVD and BR buying and amongst other purchases there were a fair few AWE titles i'd been previously putting on the backburner for quite some time so here goes:

Xtro
Terror
Puzzle
Grizzly
Inferno
Macabre
S.S. Girls
Blastfighter
Iron Master
Wild Beasts
Killer Crocodile
Hands Of Steel

The Sinful Dwarf (single disc uncut release)
Day Of The Animals
Nothing Underneath
The Toolbox Murders
('78)
Caligula And Messalina
Hell Of The Living Dead
Zombie:Nights Of Terror
Four Flies On Grey Velvet
2019:After The Fall Of New York
Samurai Avenger:The Blind Wolf

and Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre (both DVD and BR editions).

Now all i gotta do is find the time to check all these titles out and i can't see myself doing this until about retirement age!
Sam, Gojirosan and PaulD like this.
Old 26th May 2012, 12:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I recently ordered a film called Emanuelle in Prison but was disappointed when i saw that it was Violence in A Women's Prison under another name.
Weren't these originally two separate films?
I was always under the impression that they were, and i'm sure they were when Vipco released them.
I'm a little comfused. AWE's release is called Emanuelle i Kvindefængslet (danish VHS title) or did you bought it from some of their distributors?
Old 26th May 2012, 01:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
I'm a little comfused. AWE's release is called Emanuelle i Kvindefængslet (danish VHS title) or did you bought it from some of their distributors?
Yes, you're right. That's the actual title on the box cover, but on the disc itself it has Violence in A Women's Prison.
And when i bought it from a shop on eBay, it was advertised in English as Emanuelle in Prison.
Old 28th May 2012, 01:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Yes, you're right. That's the actual title on the box cover, but on the disc itself it has Violence in A Women's Prison.
This is the AWE title with cover artwork featuring a female inmate strung upside down with rats gnawing at her dangling hair, right?
Old 28th May 2012, 02:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
This is the AWE title with cover artwork featuring a female inmate strung upside down with rats gnawing at her dangling hair, right?
That's the one.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 2nd September 2012, 03:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Does anyone own the AWE version of Eaten Alive? Because according to DVDCompare there's over 3 minutes missing.
Having watched it recently i can't say i'd noticed tbh.
Will have to dig out my Shriek show version for comparison.
Old 2nd September 2012, 05:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Does anyone own the AWE version of Eaten Alive? Because according to DVDCompare there's over 3 minutes missing.
Having watched it recently i can't say i'd noticed tbh.
Will have to dig out my Shriek show version for comparison.
That's very strange. My DVD specs states it's uncut and 89 min so i have never thought about it. But DVDcompare are right, it runs about 85 min PAL while the Dutch runs about 89 min PAL.
It doesn't really make sense that they would release a cut version of this great film.
Old 2nd September 2012, 06:15 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Can't possibly think which one you mean...

Old 2nd September 2012, 11:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

I have the Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 AWE disc and its under a complete different name, is there any other films like this in the AWE range, its called ZOMBIE: HELL ON EARTH
Old 2nd September 2012, 02:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I have the Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 AWE disc and its under a complete different name, is there any other films like this in the AWE range, its called ZOMBIE: HELL ON EARTH
Many titles are the same as the danish VHS releases. I'm pretty sure that thay made up the Zombie: Hell on Earth title for this release though as i can't find any info about this title dating back before this DVD.

Like this? Share it using the links below!