Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2010, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Actually watched three of these now and quality is variable to say the least!

Despite being from a VHS source The Bat looks pretty good and is perfectly watchable. Just a couple of tape wobbles. Great film too, I loved its live action Scooby Doo shenanigans!

The Brain That Wouldn't Die is 1) the cut version 2) has a mysterious black gap for what seems like ages about an hour in 3) switches from a decent source to a crappy blurry source at times.

The Giant Leeches is a mess. It's zoomed in to 16:9 cropping top and bottom and looks like it has been firstly optically transferred from 35mm to 16mm then to tape them to avi/DivX and then to DVD. It's essentially unwatchable - all darkness and blur and artifacting.
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much more from them but for a quid each they were worth a shot.
Old 7th October 2010, 01:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Oh, I'm still going to buy the ones I haven't got yet!

Old 7th October 2010, 08:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched their Fiend Without A Face disc and although we're not talking top notch the pq wasn't too bad considering it was only a quid! This is actually the first time I've seen this flick - those 'fiends' are cool!

The Screaming Skull next.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:03 PM
Cultist in Training

Ahh was wondering how the Giant Leeches would be. The old release was the same. Worthless.
Old 8th October 2010, 04:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Today's haul was just Plan 9. Apparently they had Horrors of Spider Island but wouldn't sell it to.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:14 AM
Cult Rookie

Default The official word!

Hi guys long time horror / cult movie fan but new to the site (so go easy) like everybody else on this post I was interested in Poundland's "Cayman Classic Horror Collection" and like most I wanted to know just how many movies there was going to be. So I emailed Archive Media Publishing (see back of box) and this was there response:

Dear Mire Mare

Please note we do not sell these titles direct to customers and they are only available for a limited time via Poundland stores as part of a Halloween promotion. All 20 titles should be displayed in an FSDU but this subject to compliance by each store and stock availability.
The list of 20 titles includes; The Bat, Creature From The Haunted Sea, House On Haunted Hill, Attack Of The Crab Monsters, Giant Leeches, The Thing, Little Shop Of Horrors, King Of The Zombies, The Brain That Wouldn't Die, Fiend Without A Face, Doomed To Die, The Terror, White Zombie, Screaming Skull, The Fatal Hour, Invisible Ghost, Indestructable Man, Wasp Woman, Killer Shrews, Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Sorry I can't assist further, happy shopping.

Regards

Alex Carruthers
For Archive Media Publishing Ltd

So I have refrained from buying these individually myself and have opted for the 50 Monster / Sci Fi movie collections which are readily available on Amazon for about £11.00 each as these seem to contain the aforementioned movies plus a lot more so overall seem better value for money.

MM
Old 12th October 2010, 11:32 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
As some of you may already be aware Poundland are currently releasing the Cayman Classic Horror Collection as part of their Halloween stock of DVDs. I've managed to pick up 18 of them so far and was hoping to grab some more of the collection. Here is the list of titles and catalogue numbers for your reference and if you can help me fill in the blanks I'd really appreciate it

AMB3989 - The Bat
AMB3990 -
AMB3991 - Plan 9 From Outer Space
AMB3992 - House on Haunted Hill
AMB3993 - Attack of the Crab Monsters
AMB3994 - The Giant Leeches
AMB3995 - The Thing From Another World
AMB3996 -
AMB3997 -
AMB3998 -
AMB3999 -
AMB4000 -
AMB4001 -
AMB4002 -
AMB4003 -
AMB4004 -
AMB4005 -
AMB4006 -
AMB4007 - The Little Shop of Horrors
AMB4008 - King of the Zombies
AMB4009 - The Brain That Wouldn't Die
AMB4010 - Fiend Without A Face
AMB4011 -
AMB4012 - The Terror
AMB4013 - White Zombie
AMB4014 -
AMB4015 -
AMB4016 -
AMB4017 - Indestructible Man
AMB4018 - The Wasp Woman
AMB4019 - The Killer Shrews
AMB4020 -
AMB4021 -
AMB4022 -
AMB4023 -
AMB4024 -
AMB4025 - Doomed To Die
AMB4026 - The Fatal Hour
AMB4027 - Invisible Ghost

All of the DVDs have the original artwork on the covers. Have a look at the pictures Inspector Tanzi took and posted here. Please check your local Poundland to see for yourselves, if you find any others please let me know

Cheers guys!
Can someone please put the full list in spine order.

Thanks
Old 13th October 2010, 05:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrack View Post
Can someone please put the full list in spine order.

Thanks
What you see is the full list but just with the following 2 titles needing to be added to the end:

AMB4028 - Creature From The Haunted Sea
AMB4029 - Screaming Skull

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th October 2010, 06:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

they seem to be the exact same versions that Ellstree hill have been releasing for years. Fiend without a face is the only one i wanted from that collection because the original R2 version is OOP and i refuse to pay the prices for the Criterion edition.

The Universal 2 disc edition of The Thing from another world is the one to go for
for that film and it's quite cheap these days.
Old 18th October 2010, 07:59 PM
Cult Rookie

I went to Poundland in Trowbridge, Wiltshire today. The shelves were full again, mainly with ones that had not been there the previous week. Included are a number of titles not on the list. I was able to buy all of them, even though some seem to be on a withdrawn list.

AMB3990 Atom Age Vampire
AMB4011 Horrors of Spider Island
AMB4014 The Monster Maker
AMB4015 The monster Walks
AMB4016 The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues

The till lady did have difficulties as the till kept bleeping at her. she had to scan some of them several times before it would take the sale. I realised afterwards that she had only wanted £7 for 12 DVDs. Clearly some problem with the DVDs or the tills but I wasn't going to argue.
These DVDs are just jumping off the shelves and being replaced with new titles so I intend to go back every few days to see if further stock is being released.
Well worth the money.

Like this? Share it using the links below!