Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > The Horror Tannery > Collecting Horror

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Oh my god! I Spit On Your Grave, 101 Films release

My god, this release is awful! Minus the impressive selection of extras, who approved of this? Digitally reduced noise, antialised, a jerky motion blur effect! Please tell me a better release exists out there somewhere, yes I'm picky but I almost feel like saving watching this film in its entirety until I can see it with a better picture! Hell, VHS quality would do more justice to this film I imagine!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think Anchor Bay are releasing it in the US in next year.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I'll hold out and hope that release will look better (though I'll have to play it on my PC unless I get a region free player, not to mention it may even run longer), ugh, every little thing I see in this now is just going to irritate me to no end.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I've pre-ordered this title from Amazon.com and it appears to boast the same extras as Elite's impressive DVD.

Initially i said i wouldn't buy 101 Film's U.K. release due to it's cut status but i recently gave in and picked up the DVD/BR combo package for the exclusive director interview and booklet/poster ONLY. I believed an intact U.S. HD edition would pop up sooner or later and time has proven all comes to he (or she!) who waits.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I'm a bit bummed out to hear this as it is currently sitting in my 'too watch' pile. I really enjoyed the interview with Meir Zarchi, but did notice quite a few jaggies and other issues with some of the clips that were used during the interview but just assumed that they were not representative of the feature itself. Looks as though I will be buying the US version after all, especially as the 101 version is not the full uncut version - assuming the US version is region free of course .
Old 02-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I received the ABUS '78 ISOYG BR in the post the other day and the cover states Region A. This complete release appears to feature the same supplementary items as the U.K. version but i'm unsure if the director interview is also identical.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendaval Este View Post
My god, this release is awful! Minus the impressive selection of extras, who approved of this? Digitally reduced noise, antialised, a jerky motion blur effect! Please tell me a better release exists out there somewhere, yes I'm picky but I almost feel like saving watching this film in its entirety until I can see it with a better picture! Hell, VHS quality would do more justice to this film I imagine!
You ever seen a 900th generation uncut copy of ISOYG on VHS?

IF YOU'RE LYING,I'LL BE BACK.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I've pre-ordered this title from Amazon.com and it appears to boast the same extras as Elite's impressive DVD.

Initially i said i wouldn't buy 101 Film's U.K. release due to it's cut status but i recently gave in and picked up the DVD/BR combo package for the exclusive director interview and booklet/poster ONLY. I believed an intact U.S. HD edition would pop up sooner or later and time has proven all comes to he (or she!) who waits.
I bought the disc for the great package.

The interview with Zachari is worth the purchase alone.

I already have the U.S. Elite disc,and yes it's fantastic.

IF YOU'RE LYING,I'LL BE BACK.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Active Cultist

Hi all,not sure if this is relavent to this thread,but i once read that there is a 2 disc version of "i spit"?
Does this exist or is it hype?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
Hi all,not sure if this is relavent to this thread,but i once read that there is a 2 disc version of "i spit"?
Does this exist or is it hype?
nope no 2 disc dvd or bluray release

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!