All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
My apologies, I'm not sure how to post photos and it failed. So here's a link to it! The cover art for Video Nasties: Draconian Days! Displayed here we have-

Chucky
Rambo (possibly)
Ninja weapons

Based on this, we can assume that the documentary will be focusing on the Bulger controversy and the First Blood Part 2 controversy. Also looks like the BBFC's stance on martial arts and ninja weaponry will get a mention.

I'm looking forward to it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nucle...57065734315301
I like it,unlike most new artwork for old films.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 23rd February 2014, 01:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Really looking forward to this. I know some people are sick of the whole Video Nasties scandal, but it's something I've been interested in ever since getting into these types of films back in 1990, when the 11 year old me could only dream of seeing these films, never mind in glorious HD as we can nowadays!
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Really looking forward to this. I know some people are sick of the whole Video Nasties scandal, but it's something I've been interested in ever since getting into these types of films back in 1990, when the 11 year old me could only dream of seeing these films, never mind in glorious HD as we can nowadays!
Agree completely Rik. Some may grow tired of the whole nasty scandal, but we have to care and remember history.

GOTHMOG RANT MODE ALERT!

I've met so many "sheep" who still think Childs Play 3 influenced Bulgers murder AFTER I presented facts like-

. The police denial, which included the fact that the boys never seen it and that it wasn't even rented.
. Neil Venables denying his son or Robert watched it (Here is the key point. If someones son committed a crime and the father/mother have a chance to direct the blame elsewhere, they would most certainly do it, under the pressure and to protect their child. This happened with the 80's nasties scare with I Spit on Your Grave, where a mother pinned the blame on it to protect her son, who raped someone. This was in an interview with Meir Zarchi and he also mentioned how when he met the woman, she admitted to lying about ISOYG being responsible. She didn't know what else to do. But Neil Venables didn't blame Childs Play 3. But of course, you wouldn't see this information in any tabloid)
. Jon Venables has said that he liked films like The Goonies and thought of Rocky as his idol and inspiration... Not Chucky.
. Robert Thompson did not like horror films. Why re-enact something he doesn't like?
. Their psychiatric report (or something like that) concluded that neither blamed the film. Instead they blamed each other. This relates back to the point with Neil Venables. You commit a crime, murder no less, and you don't blame what the media are claiming was responsible? Also, bear in mind that they thought they found each other to blame. Why did they blame each other instead of Childs Play 3? BECAUSE THEY NEVER WATCHED IT!

I swear to god, I have met people whom have refused to accept these facts and go the Mary Whitehouse route of talking over you and ignoring everything. Absolute scumbags for daring to soil that baby boys memory! Sorry if I sound a bit angry but just picturing good old Mary "The bully" Shitehouse and all her wee censor loving buddies in politics and media who think this behaviour is "responsible" angers me.

Rant over.
Rik, keirarts and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well said
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th February 2014, 12:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

A couple more things. Firstly, I have just read a Daily Mail article which claimed that the boys also watched I Spit on your Grave. Thinking about that for a second, i remembered this quote from Inspector Ray Simpson, who was quoted in the Guardian saying that they had "looked at all the video's in their house and checked their list of rentals from the shop. We did not find Childs Play 3, NOR DID WE FIND ANYTHING ON THE LIST THAT COULD HAVE ENCOURAGED THEM TO DO WHAT THEY DID. If you are going to link this murder to a film, you might as well link it to The Railway Children."

The Daily Mail blatantly lied about the I Spit on Your Grave connection. It wasn't rented. I'm certain that if it really was there, the police would have brought it up based on its content. How are they allowed to get away with these lies? Sickens me.

And the Judge presiding over the boys. He made an offhand comment that went as follows "Whilst there has been no actual evidence of this, I expect exposure to violent movies had something to do with your actions." Yes except this was BEFORE the whole moral panic. This statement was the one that the press seized upon. And they cooked up a story making up the facts as they went along. they had no real facts of course. That whole story was made up right from the start, just like with the Daily Mail ISOYG story I mentioned earlier. ONE off-hand comment with no evidence to back it up (the judge admitted the lack of evidence (!!!!!!!) and that was all the "evidence" they required. Parasites. The lot of them. Hijacking a babes death to fit their own end and sell papers. Now unlike them, I'm actually going to present evidence to support what I've said. Watch this video and view the many links in the description.

This time my rant is over... For now
Old 24th February 2014, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone with half a brain Goth knows those two Chucky films were **** all to do with James Bulger's murder.
Sadly it was two evil little bastards and one wee poor soul in the wrong palce at the wrong time.
Gothmogxx likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd March 2014, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Article on the new doc here
g053584398 likes this.
Old 6th March 2014, 03:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
I swear to god, I have met people whom have refused to accept these facts and go the Mary Whitehouse route of talking over you and ignoring everything. Absolute scumbags for daring to soil that baby boys memory! Sorry if I sound a bit angry but just picturing good old Mary "The bully" Shitehouse and all her wee censor loving buddies in politics and media who think this behaviour is "responsible" angers me.

Rant over.
It's a fact that if you try to oppose a view of someonce who has a devout belief in something (whether it be religious or otherwise), instead of convincing them to listen to you and bringing them to understanding you, it just makes heir belief even stronger!
Old 16th April 2014, 09:13 AM
Active Cultist

Hey guys, just to let you know that Grindhouse Trailer Classics 4 is now available to pre-order from amazon etc. Grindhouse Trailer Classics 4.

Meanwhile, we're still hard at work finishing off Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Part 2... Phew!
Old 21st May 2014, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict

I see that the Video Nasties: Draconian Days 3 disc set has a release date of July 14th. If it's half as good as the first one, then it will be an essential purchase.

Last edited by mr 420; 21st May 2014 at 08:11 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!