Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2008, 02:50 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Shameless titles in the wild...

I was in HMV Liverpool on Tuesday morning and I am sorry to report that their Shameless turnout is very poor. They had The Black Cat, Manhattan Baby, New York Ripper and Phantom Of Death. However, they only had one of each title in what is, it has to be said, a piss-poor horror section. There was also no Night Train Murders despite it having been released the day before.

On the bright side, the four yellow boxes I did see really stood out!
Old 28th February 2008, 02:58 PM
Cultist

I was in the Manchester HMV last week and despite a large horror section, they only had 1 Shameless DVD (of which I could see), Venus In Furs! (Which is questionably a horror release )
Old 28th February 2008, 07:11 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Us sick bastards up in Scotland are well supplied as every hmv I've been in up here are well stocked up......maybe they're selling well in Liverpool Sarah?
Old 28th February 2008, 08:55 PM
Cultist in Training

In HMV Cheltenham they have NYR, Venus In Furs, and Night Train Murders, in Gloucester they have NYR only.
Old 1st March 2008, 09:16 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Pleased to say that HMV in Truro is up to date. Plenty of killer nuns, New York rippers, fur-wearing venuses and night train murderers to be seen - and loads of Shameless DVDs in the store too.
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:45 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Went on a little shopping trip to glasgow today to see what Shameless titles i could pick up.One HMV and two Zavvi stores all within walking distance of each other,HMV had 2 titles,The Black Cat and Phantom Of Death,the Zavvi stores didn't have a single Shameless title Very dissapointed indeed.I don't know how a small company like yours is supposed to survive when the major retail chains dont even stock your titles.Of course I did buy the 2 titles mentioned above Zavvi in particular needs to get their finger out and start stocking your films,especially to keep my dvd buying habit alive lol
Old 2nd March 2008, 09:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Zavvi are a ****ing joke mate....the most pathetic selection on the planet,even in mainstream films....which hmv were u in in glasgow?
Old 2nd March 2008, 09:15 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was in HMV in Argyle street.Like I said,a pretty poor selection so just had to order the rest of the dvds from Play
Old 2nd March 2008, 09:33 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Zavvi in Liverpool are pathetic too. And expensive.

The Virgin Megastore in Liverpool used to be ace - better even than HMV. But then it became Zavvi and they suddenly became crap.

It sucks.
Old 3rd March 2008, 04:48 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanks for the updates guys. I was in HMV Heathrow terminal 1 on Friday and they didn't have any Shameless which was a shame as they did stock the first two.

Shameless works as a collection if stores stock all of them but that's a real uphill battle shame to say - we'll cease to exist if only the initial runs are stocked as internet sales are very low compared to physical retail. The good news is that there may yet be a chink of sunlight with Zavvi stocking Shameless later in the year - I'll keep you all informed!

Like this? Share it using the links below!