Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2008, 09:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bugger, the Zavvi here in York is just a normal size store. The DVD section upstairs changes every few months, but they don't seem to sell much of anything!
Old 17th April 2008, 01:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Good news for us Cardiffian's then! We have a sweet ex-Virgin store that is in a very popular shopping mall! I'll check in on them on Monday first thing! Whoop!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 17th April 2008, 03:23 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I'm in Cardiff tomorrow - where's the HMV and Zavvi in relation to the main rail station - are they close?

Maybe I can nip in before I settle down in Borders for a few hours. Actually there's a thought I need to promote this signing that's going down there to make sure people turn up so if anyone wants to buy a 7 Days to Grand Slam Glory! rugby DVD and get it signed by Martyn Williams be there at the Borders store in Cardiff from 3.30!

Woo!
Old 17th April 2008, 03:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's not too far mate... 10 minute walk from the station to Zavvi. HMV is closer, by like 2 mins! If you're free in the afternoon I can give you a little tour? ha.

Oh, I smell a contest - W H Smith has Gethin Jenkins at the same time!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 17th April 2008, 04:13 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yup - there's a rival DVD out to spoil the party so I could end up sitting amongst the tumbleweed. It's a sad state of affairs that a sporting triumph is being spoiled - there was supposed to be a joint signing.

Anyway such is life! I would love a tour of Cardiff but I'll have to get straight into it once I get there but do come into store - I'll be the tall blonde one looking embarrassed!
Old 17th April 2008, 04:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'll check Zavvi in Belfast tomorrow (Friday). Pick up a few titles if they have them as HMV Belfast has been hit and miss with only 4 different titles on display and any others i've bought there have had to be ordered in.

What's been the more popular with the UK punter Shameless wise Almar , the former banned 'nasty' type or the rare Euro films . ?
Has any title surprised you with more interest than you expected.?

Hope all goes well with Zavvi , and every other outlet , and I hope you guys get enough success all round to make it worth your while to bring us a Shameless 2. You bloody deserve it mate.
Old 17th April 2008, 04:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Yup - there's a rival DVD out to spoil the party so I could end up sitting amongst the tumbleweed. It's a sad state of affairs that a sporting triumph is being spoiled - there was supposed to be a joint signing.

Anyway such is life! I would love a tour of Cardiff but I'll have to get straight into it once I get there but do come into store - I'll be the tall blonde one looking embarrassed!
Ha, will do! I'll be the tall, dark haired chap hunting down some coffee!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 17th April 2008, 05:00 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post

Almar,

Its a shame you cannot take Philleh up on the tour- Cardiff is a delightful city with a great little Irish pub on Mary Street (formally called Mulligans) which used to do and probably still does one mean pint of Guiness.

I would love to pop down myself but work conspires against me and tonight I am working til 6am so I will not be falling out of bed until 3 or 4.

But next time you are in Cardiff, me and Philleh were planning a meet up to talk film and stuff at one stage- maybe we could do this and maybe see if we could maybe get a few other South Walians along for a meet the Almar afternoon.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 17th April 2008, 05:14 PM
Cultist in Training

Great news on cracking Zavvi, fingers crossed for you guys
Old 17th April 2008, 05:16 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
Almar,

Its a shame you cannot take Philleh up on the tour- Cardiff is a delightful city with a great little Irish pub on Mary Street (formally called Mulligans) which used to do and probably still does one mean pint of Guiness.

I would love to pop down myself but work conspires against me and tonight I am working til 6am so I will not be falling out of bed until 3 or 4.

But next time you are in Cardiff, me and Philleh were planning a meet up to talk film and stuff at one stage- maybe we could do this and maybe see if we could maybe get a few other South Walians along for a meet the Almar afternoon.

Hey dont forget the Cheltonian, i'm just across the water!

Like this? Share it using the links below!