Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2008, 04:24 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default Don't Be Evil!

In coming up with Shameless there were certain things we wanted to avoid that bugged us about the ways DVDs were put out - certainly we wanted to try and get across our love for the movies and that we're on the side of fans and not just screw 'em over (well not so that you'd notice!)

So I've been struck by a thought that popped back into my head today when I got some new stock in. As time goes on we issue corrections to sleeves - like the cuts length on the back of NYR - just little tiny things like that - spelling mistakes and so on. The thing is I noticed the new files clearly weren't in use yet as the mistakes remain. So I plan a bit of housekeeping to get any little errors ironed out for future stock.

So what am I saying here. Well in doing that there's an opportunity to potentially do reversible sleeves for the titles that are missing such things. My resistance to the idea though is I don't want to do it thus compelling people to buy the DVDs again - that's not the idea - just feels evil. But am I being too sensitive?

Your thoughts please! And no we're not able to start changing the discs - you have to start from the beginning there.
Old 21st July 2008, 04:32 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I like the New York Ripper sleeve though Killer Nun could definitely do with an alternate design.
Old 21st July 2008, 06:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

If you do sort reversible sleeves for the earlier releases you could probably just send/sell the sleeve on it's own to the people on the forum who may want one. I don't think people would mind spending a couple of quid, it's a free choice after all.
Old 21st July 2008, 07:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Go for it Almar.... TORSO and KILLER NUN -**** it-I'll gladly buy 'em again mate....
Old 21st July 2008, 10:20 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
So what am I saying here. Well in doing that there's an opportunity to potentially do reversible sleeves for the titles that are missing such things. My resistance to the idea though is I don't want to do it thus compelling people to buy the DVDs again - that's not the idea - just feels evil. But am I being too sensitive?
Do it! New customers will be happy to get improved sleeves, and the old one might buy the DVD again. It's a win-win scenario

Every company does it... no need to be ashamed. I keep buying my favorite movies over and over every time a new packaging is released! It's fun
Old 21st July 2008, 10:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Exactly! I always update my collection if the artwork's better!
Old 21st July 2008, 11:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I agree. Go for it.
Killer Nun especially could definetly do with a more jazzy cover, though all the rest seem fine by me, but as I said, go for it.

I plan to double up on NY Ripper plus at least 1 other anyway , so it would be nice to have them with alternate jackets.

Last edited by vipco; 22nd July 2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 21st July 2008, 11:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'd definatley buy those early ones again with reverse covers. I'd love to see one for Torso, one of the classic covers. And yeah Killer Nun definatley, maybe the one from the old Fletcher vhs, I quite like that one, it looks really sleazy
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:46 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Your thoughts please! And no we're not able to start changing the discs - you have to start from the beginning there.
I'd say go for it but offer new sleeves for a couple of quid via the site for forum members that want them rather than buying again - which could turn into a logistical nightmare of course - or let people download and print them themselves?

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:22 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
I'd love to see one for Torso, one of the classic covers.

Like this? Share it using the links below!