Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2011, 11:44 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Actually, Prince, I'm going to leave it here since it's specifically about a Shameless title.

Cheers!
I know it sounded a bit like a command, but it should have sounded like a suggestion!

Greetings!
Old 28th September 2011, 12:18 PM
Cultist

I bought Manhatten Baby Last weekend, I thorougly enjoyed it....it is a bonkers film, but entertaining all the same. and now i know it was Almar who wrote the back Jacket copy, I can say his appraisal of the film was spot on
Old 28th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
As I said above, Murder Rock is the only Fulci I didn't completely enjoy. With Lovelock, Emerson and Fulci involved I expected something better. It's not unwatchable and there are moments when Fulci's directorial flair come to the fore, but overall it's a bit dull and uninteresting.

I've enjoyed everything else he's made to a greater or lesser degree. Nothing beats his late 70s/early 80's output though. From Zombie to New York Ripper the man is an unstoppable force of genius.
I think MURDER ROCK is brilliant, easily his most underrated film.

MANHATTAN BABY is ok, the opening scenes in Egypt are really well done but once it get's to Manhattan in kind of falls flat on it's face.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th September 2011, 12:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I think MURDER ROCK is brilliant, easily his most underrated film.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not a complete write-off, there are some inspired moments for sure. But overall I found it a bit of a letdown. With the people involved I expected something better, I guess. Probably a problem with having too high an expectation going into it. I'll give it another go at some point and maybe I'll warm to it some more.I was the same with NYR, didn't really work for me first time round, but now it ranks as one of my favourite Fulci's. He's a bit of an acquired taste sometimes and it might take a couple of goes to get into it. I find I'm also like that with most Giallos - I always seem to enjoy them more and more on repeat viewings.
Old 28th September 2011, 01:36 PM
Ex-member

Default Is Manhattan Baby worth buying

obviously if you're a hard core Fulci fan, buy MANHATTAN BABY
but even though I have many of his films, I found it slow and boring
Old 28th September 2011, 01:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Manhattan Baby is a reasonable watch, but it does have a languid pace to it.
Old 28th September 2011, 04:25 PM
Cultist

Buy it, it's that simple. Killer Nun is also a very surprising film, you could do a lot worse for a double bill! Good luck with the op and happy viewing whatever you decide on
Old 28th September 2011, 05:44 PM
Ex-Member

Thanks everyone.

The op aint serious as such. Just a vasectomy. Which in the wrong hands could be painful (sorry). Just means i'll be off my feet for the day. So not really that bad. Read all your posts and thanks to everyone. I think Manhattan Baby sounds like a great movie. I hope HMV have it in otherwise i'll order it from amazon.
Also thanks Sarah. I thought a thread about a shameless dvd belonged on a shameless forum and was quite confused.

Anyway thanks everyone.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!