LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2014, 10:52 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Tbh, unless they use the US theatrical poster, I think they will use that artwork above, on the reverse.

Me get wound up, Nos? Well, maybe just a little.
Yeah, it's not as if we're talking about scratched and dented steelbooks, woeful new artwork or DVD/BD sleeves with the certificates printed on!
Old 11th April 2014, 11:06 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, it's not as if we're talking about scratched and dented steelbooks, woeful new artwork or DVD/BD sleeves with the certificates printed on!

Or the reverse of The Delta Force. They could've put that Arrow logo on the right hand side, instead of right next to the title. It's annoying me!
Old 11th April 2014, 11:23 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Or the reverse of The Delta Force. They could've put that Arrow logo on the right hand side, instead of right next to the title. It's annoying me!
Old 11th April 2014, 11:48 AM
Cult Master

The Delta Force full specs:

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements by MGM<
  • Original uncompressed 2.0 PCM stereo Audio
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Genre Hijackers: Mark Hartley on Cannon Films – The filmmaker discusses the explosive legacy of Golan and Globus
  • Chuck Norris Scribe: An Interview with writer James Bruner
  • May The Delta Force Be With You! - An interview with Commandant Christian Prouteau, founder of the French GIGN and instructor of the first Delta Force
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author John Kenneth Muir and a contemporary article on Cannon Films, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th April 2014, 12:05 AM
Cult Master

Theatre Of Blood full specs:

-Limited Edition SteelBook packaging (SteelBook only)
-High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements by MGM
-Original uncompressed mono PCM audio
-Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
-Audio commentary with The League of Gentlemen, Jeremy Dyson, Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith
-A Priceless Potboiler: Victoria Price discusses Theatre of Blood
-A Fearful Thespian: an interview with David Del Valle
-Staged Reaction: an interview with star Madeleine Smith
-A Harmony for Horror: an interview with composer Michael J. Lewis
-Original Trailer
-Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Smith (Amaray only)
-Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by film critic Cleaver Patterson and a reproduction of original press book material, illustrated with original archive stills
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th April 2014, 12:31 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

So Hellgate is now sold out? Thank God for that. I won't be tempted to buy it now. It's awful. It's beyond awful. I'd watch it once and wonder why I bought it again!

I'm glad some folks like it, but I can't stand it. And since I'm not a scalper-reseller, I don't buy things just to sell at an inflated price later. That's not my bag, man.
Old 12th April 2014, 12:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Yes, both were limited to 1000 copies.

I guess if they have been good and profitable sellers there is nothing stopping Arrow pressing more in the future (as long as they still hold the rights of course).

Nothing apart from common sense. Because if you accelerate sales by announcing a 1,000-strong limited edition and then print more, how well is your next "limited edition" likely to do?

No, if you go down that route, you're pretty much honour-bound to stick to 1,000 copies. Although if you've done your sums right, you should certainly have broken even and probably turned a small profit.
Old 12th April 2014, 12:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Nothing apart from common sense. Because if you accelerate sales by announcing a 1,000-strong limited edition and then print more, how well is your next "limited edition" likely to do?

No, if you go down that route, you're pretty much honour-bound to stick to 1,000 copies. Although if you've done your sums right, you should certainly have broken even and probably turned a small profit.
There's no way Arrow should print any more because, as you said, they have no doubt worked out how much it cost to manufacture the 1000 units and how much they would recoup if all are sold. As it's been successful, I guess the next limited run with a fairly small number will sell even quicker.
Old 12th April 2014, 01:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
There's no way Arrow should print any more because, as you said, they have no doubt worked out how much it cost to manufacture the 1000 units and how much they would recoup if all are sold. As it's been successful, I guess the next limited run with a fairly small number will sell even quicker.
I'm really looking forward to the types of risks they'll take based on the success of this.

I am really NOT looking forward to the stress of making sure I don't miss it. But I've decided now I'll always pounce on Arrow's early bird offers, too good to miss.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 14th April 2014, 08:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

***RABID DOGS RELEASE UPDATE***
Unfortunately no suitable material for the new HD transfer of RABID DOGS has been uncovered. Lamberto Bava (assistant director) and Alfredo Leone’s (producer) re-cut of the film, KIDNAPPED has been transferred in High Definition. This version of the film has many differences not common to RABID DOGS so it cannot be simply re-edited to the RABID DOGS version.

After communicating with Lamberto Bava we have discovered the original negative of RABID DOGS was used to edit KIDNAPPED and the off-cuts could not be located and are now presumed either lost or destroyed. Unfortunately the negative was not transferred to another source suitable for HD transfer, no 35mm exhibition prints are known to exist and no other pre-print sources such as an internegative or interpositive have been recovered or known to exist. The original transfer for the Standard Definition RABID DOGS Anchor Bay DVD was a Standard Definition transfer only and the source for that transfer is unknown as the original lab is no longer in operation and whatever material that may have been transferred may have gone with it.

In light of this information from Mr Bava regarding the negative and the lack of suitable materials we have taken the decision to continue with our release of the films. Therefore RABID DOGS will be presented in a mixture of High Definition and Standard Definition in order for the film to be presented in the best quality possible.

RABID DOGS will now be released later in the year so please do keep checking back for a confirmed date which will be announced soon. We thank you all for your understanding and patience with this release.

Well we can't say they haven't tried, Marc Morris is charged with assembling this HD/SD hybrid.
keirarts and Vipp like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!