Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)

Like Tree145Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2011, 03:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

I saw Cemetery Man on TV some time back and didn't enjoy it that much, so I don't have it on DVD or BD.I'd probably pick up the Shameless release just to see if my thoughts on the film have changed.I personally wouldn't buy a BD release of the film even if Shameless were to make it available.
Old 20th October 2011, 08:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
There's too much whining over people whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some truth in that there jest

I can empathise with those that hate a sudden influx of negative posts and agree with those that want to post a realistic point of view. Internet forums can be a wild and wacky place
Old 20th October 2011, 11:03 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
There's too much whining over people whining.
There's too much whining over people whining over people whining.

And to equate those of us who'dlike a BD release with spoilt kids is, well, insulting. If some of us already have a DVD of the film, why the **** would we be excited over a release we already have? I'm certainly not excited at all. Now, a BD release would have got my interest and I'd be buying it. It's good for people who don't have the film on DVD and I hope Shameless do well with it, but I'll be passing on this one.

Come on, give me one valid reason to buy the same film on the same format for a second time? Or even to get excited about the prospect of another DVD release of a film I already have on DVD? I'm sorry if I'm not bursting with over-zealous enthusiasm. And if that makes me seem like a whiney brat, then so be it. But I'm not best pleased with that implication, Rik.

But just to keep everyone happy.

Yaaaay! Another Shameless DVD! I'm soooo excited I could wet myself!

How's that?

Last edited by Daemonia; 20th October 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:42 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I hate to be the voice of doom, but I think everyone's had their say and made their point of view known so, before things become personal and feelings are hurt, could everyone make sure to stick to the topic at hand and ensure all posts are about Dellamorte Dellamorte/Cemetery Man*?

Also, there isn't anything wrong with people choosing not buy this as money is sometimes tight and people are free to buy what they want and shouldn't be condemned or made to feel somehow 'wrong' for not buying something they don't want to or don't feel the need to add it to their collection.

Thanks in advance!

*Use whichever the title you prefer - it's a little like Profondo Rosso/Deep Red - there is no right or wrong answer!
Old 20th October 2011, 11:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Having watched the recent adaptation of Dylan Dog, I feel that DM/CM is a far better watch. Ok, it's out there but that's part of the fun. It's atmospheric, funny, gory and sexy (eventually). Dylan Dog is just an old 80s style TV pilot that doesnt' have enough horror in it and is generally lightweight.
Old 20th October 2011, 01:03 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
*Use whichever the title you prefer - it's a little like Profondo Rosso/Deep Red - there is no right or wrong answer!
Au contraire mon frere, one of those is just plain wrong.....hint: it isn't Dellamorte Dellamore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20th October 2011, 02:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apologies if my comment offended anyone, that wasn't the attention.
What I'm wondering though is why nobody has complained about HOTEOTP being DVD only? Or maybe I just haven't read those posts.
Again, please accept my apologies

Sometimes, dead is better
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th October 2011, 03:48 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

No worries, Rik.

I'm not complaining at all, quite the opposite. All I'm saying is that I already have the DVD and the next time I buy it will be on BD, not another DVD. If Shameless aren't delivering a BD, then I'm not interested. That's all.
Old 20th October 2011, 03:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
What I'm wondering though is why nobody has complained about HOTEOTP being DVD only? Or maybe I just haven't read those posts.
Sometimes, dead is better
I think the main issue with folks is that there hasn't been a HD release of HOTEOTP anywhere, where as DD has already had a BD release in a couple of Euro territories, so it's seen almost as a step backwards as such, ie, why release it on DVD when I can easily get a BD from elsewhere.

If that makes sense.

Those aren't my views, by the way, just what I percieve the 'beef' to be.
Old 20th October 2011, 04:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

If you've heard that the foreign Blu-ray is actually a quality release why don't all the Blu fans buy that edition?
vaultkeeper likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!