Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   SHAM036 - Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man): The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dellamorte-dellamore-cemetery-man/7011-sham036-dellamorte-dellamore-cemetery-man-archive-conversation.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 11:28 AM

SHAM036 - Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man): The Archive Conversation

SHAM036 - Cemetery Man aka Dellamorte Dellamore

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...eDellamore.jpg

ZOMBIES, GUNS AND SEX… OH MY!

Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man!

“One of the best movies ever to come out of the Italian horror genre, Dellamorte Dellamore is declared a modern masterpiece” DVDVERDICT.COM

A dark horror fantasy film, Rupert Everett is called Dellamorte Dellamore, a cemetery care taker who is faced with an epidemic of zombies rising from their graves. Dellamorte goes on an insane killing spree to prevent the living dead from contaminating the rest of the world. His journey of surreal experiences will culminate with increasingly bizarre sexual encounters with Italian sex symbol Anna Falchi, a recent widow.

On its original release, Martin Scorsese told British critic Alan Jones that "Dellamorte Dellamore was the best film of the year.”

Special Features to include:
  • Commentary on the making of the film by director Michele Soavi and author Gianni Romoli
  • Photo Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Shameless Trailer Park

Cemetery Man aka Dellamorte Dellamore will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 27 February 2012.

MatOfTheDead 18th October 2011 11:33 AM

no bluray?

Rik 18th October 2011 11:33 AM

Excellent news, never seen this so I'll definitely be picking this up

Sometimes, dead is better

Pete 18th October 2011 11:36 AM

No blu-ray then no sale.

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatOfTheDead (Post 190811)
no bluray?

Unfortunately, Shameless are still experiencing knock-on effects of the fire at Sony.

Having to replace their stock and not having stock with retailers has had a big impact on Shameless who, as you know, are a very small company. Shameless would have liked to have released a Blu-ray of Cemetery Man but, with budgets limited by the impact of the fire, it makes more sense for them to release the film on DVD only, rather than investing in Blu-ray, which costs 3-4 times more per unit to produce.

This way, Shameless' fans are able to get a release in the first part of 2012, while Shameless are able to get a new - and popular - title out to retailers which will help them recoup some of the losses caused by the fire.

Pete 18th October 2011 11:44 AM

Would it really make more sense to release it on dvd only? I don't think it would, I think it would sell twice as many copies on blu-ray. It's already available on blu-ray in Italy and Germany and most fans would rather import one of them instead of another DVD edition (aside from those who don't have blu-ray, obviously), even if it is it's first UK release in years.

MatOfTheDead 18th October 2011 11:47 AM

bluray or not isnt swaying me away this is a day one buy for me

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 190821)
Would it really make more sense to release it on dvd only?

It does at the moment. The repercussions of that fire have had a massive impact on the finances of small companies like Shameless who weren't exactly rolling in it to begin with!

Trust me, they'd love to release this on BD but budgets are so tight they simply can't gamble on an investment like this. These are niche titles we're talking about. Even Blu-rays don't sell that many copies. They have a finite amount of money available so if Shameless did release a Blu-ray of this, it would impact on their ability to purchase other titles.

It's a sad state of affairs but it's more or less out of Shameless' hands since the fire has had such a big impact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 190821)
I think it would sell twice as many copies on blu-ray.

That may be, but Shameless could only afford to produce about a third or a quarter of the amount of copies on Blu-ray as they would DVD, since Blu-ray costs 3-4 times more per unit to produce. They only have so much money to invest.

wayfarer 18th October 2011 11:49 AM

if it's a better print than my Italian version then I'll be up for this.:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th October 2011 11:50 AM

Great news, and whilst I'm bitterly disappointed that this isn't being released on Blu-Ray too, at least there is the possibility of a future HD release from Shameless.

Reading Shameless' reasoning behind the choice for a DVD only release, it makes me even more angry and sickened by the stupid actions of those brainless rioters! :mad2: