Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2012, 04:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Does Arrow realize there's differences between the English audio tracks for DEMONS? Have they done their research? There's mono and stereo versions, plus the dubbing is different at times too. Even the original US video release had a different audio track than the one most are familiar with. Don't short change fans, please.
Old 17th March 2012, 04:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Perhaps the US track is all they have access too. If so, it's just something they have to live with. But if they aren't aware of it, and can do something about it, I'm sure they will.
Old 17th March 2012, 06:11 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Perhaps the US track is all they have access too. If so, it's just something they have to live with. But if they aren't aware of it, and can do something about it, I'm sure they will.
The US track is awesome, not stereo, but awesome. If that is the track I really don't think you guys will be disappointed. The sound effect changes are superior in my opinion and I really hope that is the one they chose. I think a down conversion from the first anglo mix would be very strange indeed and I could certainly see taking note with that, but otherwise for English speakers the US version has as much right to be on disc as it will be a first since the American LD.
Old 17th March 2012, 08:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's an interesting point – thanks for the information.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:37 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's an interesting point – thanks for the information.
I had sent them the original US English track and they said it couldn't sync.

I offered to have someone sync it for them since I had a friend put to together for me some time last year using the new Anchor Bay disc, and they never replied after that. I don't think it will be included.
Old 19th March 2012, 02:32 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

A little note from Arrow re: the sound:

Quote:
We tried to synch all the audio tracks available to us – Stereo, mono, US alt dub mix as provided by a CL member and only the mono would synch. The other tracks sadly were drifting far too much, to the point that even the Italian post synch dubbing was not acceptable. However the mono tracks we have sound impressive and we think the fans will be pleased.
So there you go. Arrow have chosen the mono because it's the best quality one for their release after extensive testing.
Gojirosan and LoBo like this.
Old 19th March 2012, 02:41 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
A little note from Arrow re: the sound:

So there you go. Arrow have chosen the mono because it's the best quality one for their release after extensive testing.
A shame the stereo track can't be included but hey ho, such is life. If the mono track is the best available, then that's good enough for me.
Old 19th March 2012, 03:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Maybe the soundtracks they got was made for PAL videosources (4% speedup), as that would explain why it couldn´t sync up properly to 24fps.

Or the print they got has a few extra or less frames here and there, as these prints can differ slightly in the editing, making it impossible to sync up without having to do some heavy editing to the sound = VERY time consuming.

The Stereo track will be VERY missed, as it´s the track I´ve been watching the movie with since the VHS days. But I guess I might survive this since I finally are getting the movie in glorious 1080p, something I´ve been waiting for since the dawn of the format
Old 19th March 2012, 05:52 PM
Cult Rookie

This certainly goes down as one of the most complicated releases ever; seriously my hat is off to the producers and arrow for doing these discs. Information like this makes me want to support the release more!
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 19th March 2012, 06:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Unless the image transfer contains different footage or is a different cut, there's really no reason why the different audio tracks shouldn't match up. What was supplied by the rightsholder? This doesn't sound right, honestly. Not doing any bashing, but something isn't kosher here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!