Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/7784-living-dead-manchester-morgue.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st January 2012 07:01 PM

The most 'beautiful looking' zombie movie ever filmed,it's gorgeous countryside photography,punctuated by short sharp scenes of gore.

Anyone who hasn't checked out the BU Blu Ray needs to now-I could swear I smelled the manure on the fields!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st January 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 213316)
The most 'beautiful looking' zombie movie ever filmed,it's gorgeous countryside photography,punctuated by short sharp scenes of gore.

Anyone who hasn't checked out the BU Blu Ray needs to now-I could swear I smelled the manure on the fields!

Couldn't agree more, Reaps. :nod:

I actually prefer this to Zombie Flesh Eaters.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st January 2012 07:23 PM

Ditto.
Really ranks up there as the best Zombie film ever made!

Mojo 31st January 2012 07:36 PM

Definitely. It's a gem of a movie.

antmumford 31st January 2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 213316)

I'm patiently waiting for my copy :(

Rassilon 31st January 2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 213323)
Ditto.
Really ranks up there as the best Zombie film ever made!

Although I enjoyed it, I don't think its as good as ZFE. ZFE had more venom and some great ideas like the shark fight and eyeball scene. And I thought the location was wonderful and very atomospheric but nothing compare to Fulci's. Fulci is just far better at making a zombie films IMO.

As for the best zombie movie ever, its always Dawn of the Dead for me.

Vampix 31st January 2012 10:55 PM

I prefer Zombie Flesh Eaters too.I have the Blue Underground 2-DVD SE of LDATMM which came out before the Blu-ray and has all the same extras.I don't think I'll be upgrading to BD as I'm quite happy with the DVD's picture quality.I also have the old Anchor Bay UK DVD with the Midnight Media booklet.

pestis 1st February 2012 02:50 AM

Is the Blu Ray mentioned in this thread the US import or is is coming out in the UK soon?
I've got the Anchor Bay tin but I'd snap up UK blu disc.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st February 2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestis (Post 213385)
Is the Blu Ray mentioned in this thread the US import or is is coming out in the UK soon?

It's the US Blue Underground BD that was mentioned. It's a terrific transfer, and is well worth investing in.

Studio Canal / Optimum recently re-released this in the UK on DVD, so I doubt whether a UK BD is planned in the near future, which is unfortunate.

Prince_Vajda 1st February 2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestis (Post 213385)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 213389)
It's the US Blue Underground BD that was mentioned. It's a terrific transfer, and is well worth investing in.

Studio Canal / Optimum recently re-released this in the UK on DVD, so I doubt whether a UK BD is planned in the near future, which is unfortunate.

Yeah, but it's no catastrophe, as the US Blue Underground Blu-ray is region free. :)

Greetings!