Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Four Flies on Grey Velvet

Like Tree99Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th December 2011, 09:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Don't they have those little BBFC certificate stickers anymore?
Old 19th December 2011, 09:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I discussed this issue with my parents this vening and even though they dislike the idea of me watching 'foreign rubbish'* they agreed to let me buy shameless titles that contain a certification if 15 or below providing I don't blow there trust. Right I'm off to buy Manhatton baby but don't tell my parents it's an 18!!!!
*my parents are utter, utter pricks.
Don't worry Manhattan Baby's really a PG!
stefanmetal likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th December 2011, 10:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
I discussed this issue with my parents this vening and even though they dislike the idea of me watching 'foreign rubbish'* they agreed to let me buy shameless titles that contain a certification if 15 or below providing I don't blow there trust. Right I'm off to buy Manhatton baby but don't tell my parents it's an 18!!!!
You could possibly refer your parents to the BBFC site, which will give them undisputed proof of what the actual film has been classified at in comparison to the rating on the DVD case.

Just don't show them the classification for Manhattan Baby
Old 19th December 2011, 10:38 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Show your parents a bit of Animal Farm, that will surely change their minds
Old 20th December 2011, 11:05 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Have we any official specs on Four Flies yet Sarah? It all seems to have quiet on here.
No official specs have been sent to me yet. With Shameless, they're usually available closer to the release.
Old 20th December 2011, 05:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Does that mean that you can buy any Shameless film where the actual film was certified at 15 but overall the disc is an 18 due to the trailers?
Yup.
Also, my parents are fully aware of the BBFC's search option. They just choose to be arse holes and not use it.
What with the BBFC getting soft and all, i'm sure it wont be long before more Shameless and Arrow releases are down graded. Dawn of the Dead being one.
Old 21st December 2011, 09:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Yup.
Also, my parents are fully aware of the BBFC's search option. They just choose to be arse holes and not use it.
What with the BBFC getting soft and all, i'm sure it wont be long before more Shameless and Arrow releases are down graded. Dawn of the Dead being one.
Dawn of the Dead has an 18-rating - with good reason! The amount of violence in this (really good) movie is far to high for a 15-rating - at least for my taste!

But:

Greetings!
Old 21st December 2011, 10:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Ahhh watching 18 rated movies with your mates when your 15 is part of growing up!! Although they did give me some freaky nightmares I had a VHS horror movie trading/selling racket going on from year 9 in high school I also remember the dinner lady confiscating HOUSE OF USHER (1989) at lunchtime when I was selling it to a mate. My dad was called in to collect the video from the headmistress haha. To be fair my dad loved horror films and pretty much encouraged me to watch them, its a shame your parents aren't so liberal. Having baby boomer parents had its benefits

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 21st December 2011, 11:18 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
No official specs have been sent to me yet. With Shameless, they're usually available closer to the release.
OK so I lied.

Shameless have an early Christmas present for you all if you want to head over here!

Since the specs are now out on another thread I'll close this one...
PaulD and sawyer6 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!