Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   SHAM202/SHAM035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/6093-sham202-sham035-four-flies-grey-velvet-archive-conversation.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 11:34 AM

SHAM202/SHAM035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: The Archive Conversation

To mark the Fortieth Anniversary of its production, and twenty years after the film disappeared from the public eye, Shameless Screen Entertainment are aiming to release the first ever worldwide Blu-ray of Dario Argento’s Four Flies on Grey Velvet – remastered in HD from the original negative by the original lab.

It’s all a-buzz at Shameless! After two years of behind the scene negotiations via their “Italian connection”, Shameless Screen Entertainment is proud to announce that they will soon release the missing Argento opus: Four Flies on Grey Velvet or, fact fans, what more accurately should be called Four Flies of Grey Velvet – as per the literal translation of Quattro Mosche Di Velluto Grigio.

It doesn’t stop there, Shameless have put their investigative caps on and - pending the availability of the original filmmaking team - they intend to discover for their fans what really happened to Dario Argento’s “lost” film...

Four Flies on Grey Velvet will be released on Blu-ray and DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 30 January 2012.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 11:37 AM

The best news I've heard all year. :clap: :rockon:

A big 'thank you' from me to Shameless for rescuing this one from rights entanglement, and releasing it on Blu too! :)

Pete 6th July 2011 11:38 AM

It's out just in time for my birthday. :)

Jonny 6th July 2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 163730)
remastered in HD from the original negative by the original lab.

Great news about the Blu-ray.

Is there any word on when this master was created?

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 163735)
Is there any word on when this master was created?

All I know at the moment is in the OP. I will try to find this out if possible though.

jamesg 6th July 2011 11:45 AM

This is FANTASTIC news!!!! :woot:
Shameless is the perfect home for this underrated and too-little-seen Argento giallo gem. Roll on December!

Jonny 6th July 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 163736)
All I know at the moment is in the OP. I will try to find this out if possible though.

Cool, be nice if you could find out.

It's an important title to announce on Blu-ray and you know what the internet is like when people get their hopes up for a Blu-ray that has been trumpeted as being 're-mastered from the negatives...' etc and have their expectations crushed when the product hits the shops with 'issues'.

Heloch Corbeau 6th July 2011 12:03 PM

Excellent !

Big well done for Shameless achieving this , i thought the rights wrangles was going to make this release nigh on impossible.

Bravo !!!

:tongue1:

broonage 6th July 2011 12:17 PM

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Steel76 6th July 2011 12:33 PM

AMAZING!!! :)

Been forever since I last saw this one, so rediscovering the classic on BD will be awesome indeed! :)