Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Four Flies On Grey Velvet: Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/7746-four-flies-grey-velvet-reviews.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th January 2012 09:57 PM

Any one of the BD's look fantastic mate!

Karl Malden was excellent in this I thought.:nod:

Paul@TheOverlook 25th January 2012 10:11 PM

I have the Arrow disc. Will give it a spin soon.

Hawkmonger 26th January 2012 03:08 PM

Cat is much more enjoyable on second and third viewings. You stop comparing it to other Argento movies (in particular Bird and Flies) and just take it for what it is. A surprisingly good and fulfilling crime driller with one or too genuinely laugh out loud moments (the old paprika in the chase scene always puts a grin on my face).
Must say, I have only seen a bootleg and seemingly highly chopped up version if flies. The famous knife view kill sequence was completely absent.
As such I'm vet much looking forward to Shameless doing an excellent job on it (please don't let that compliment go stale Shameless!).

Baseball Fury 30th January 2012 01:00 PM

I was a bit disappointed with this release to be honest. I thought, considering its reputation, it would've had a booklet or something with it. A small niggle, I know, but considering the price, it felt like a weak package compared to an Arrow or Masters of Cinema release.

Legend 30th January 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 212962)
I was a bit disappointed with this release to be honest. I thought, considering its reputation, it would've had a booklet or something with it. A small niggle, I know, but considering the price, it felt like a weak package compared to an Arrow or Masters of Cinema release.

Normally Amazon price Shameless blus at £12. Well, I say normally, there isn't much to go on yet but the previous two were both £12. £15 is a bit much, I never expect a package to be as good as a Masters of Cinema release though, regardless of price.

doolahrock 30th January 2012 10:36 PM

If it's accurate that Shameless have sourced and scanned a print themselves, then i have no problem paying £15 for the disc. Have to presume they have done a good job of the scan and any restoration work but can't say until my disc arrives. Sure as hell beats taking what you get master wise from Italy going by some of the Arrow stuff.

damek 31st January 2012 10:01 AM

Got my BD today. Will watch it tonight I guess.

Paul@TheOverlook 31st January 2012 10:35 AM

I returned home yesterday to find my copy had arrived from HMV - I gave the disc a quick spin last night and first impressions are very good. Certainly a lot better than any of the other versions I have owned previously.

sjconstable 31st January 2012 01:20 PM

I've just watched mine, whilst it's the best the film has ever looked on home release, there isn't really any fine detail, and it's a shame that it's only the English dub that got remastered. But thankfully nothing to impair one's viewing pleasure, unlike certain other Argento Blu-rays, and I was glad to finally be able to watch it in Italian.

EvilFactor 31st January 2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 213143)
If it's accurate that Shameless have sourced and scanned a print themselves, then i have no problem paying £15 for the disc. Have to presume they have done a good job of the scan and any restoration work but can't say until my disc arrives. Sure as hell beats taking what you get master wise from Italy going by some of the Arrow stuff.

Haven't seen it yet, but the word going around is that the transfer's the same one the Mya disc was downrezzed from, but apparently it looks magnificent in HD, and with all the extra work to clean up the soundtrack, include all the trims, etc. the disc is easily worth your money.