The Funhouse – The Archive Conversation
Something is alive in The Funhouse!
The carnival is a place for fun and laughter, but not for Amy and her friends. When their childish dare to stay all night in the spooky funhouse backfires, it leaves a trail of dismembered teenagers a mile long in Tobe Hooper’s classic video nasty era slasher.
Will anyone escape the clutches of the stumbling madman that stalks to sideshow? Is there no end to the carnival barkers chilling sadism? The only way to find out is ascend into the funhouse, where the games have no rules and the only prize on offer is a grisly demise.
Join us in The Funhouse. So much fun that you’ll never leave...Alive!
THIS BLU-RAY EDITION CONTAINS:
- Brand new transfer of the film in glorious High Definition (1080p)
- 4 panel reversible sleeve options with original and newly commissioned artwork
- Double-sided fold-out artwork poster
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by critic and author Kim Newman.
- Audio commentary with The Funhouse S/FX wizard Craig Reardon and Jeffrey Reddick (creator of The Final Destination series)
- Audio commentary with producer Derek Power and genre scholar Howard S. Berger
- Audio commentary with Justin Kerswell, author of ‘Teenage Wasteland’ and host of the slasher cinema website Hysteria Lives, and author Calum Waddell
- Stuck in the Funhouse with director Tobe Hooper
- Carnage at the Carnival: Tobe Hooper Remembers ‘The Funhouse’
- Miles of Mayhem: Acting in Tobe’s Funhouse with star Miles Chapin
- A Trilogy of Terror: The Make-up Madness of Craig Reardon, the S/FX wizard recollects his collaborations with Tobe Hooper; ‘Eaten Alive’, ‘Poltergeist’ and ‘The Funhouse’
- Master Class of Horror: Mick Garris, the director of Sleepwalkers and The Shining reflects on the crimson-covered career of his longtime colleague Tobe Hooper
- Live Q&A with Tobe Hooper from San Francisco
- Never before seen behind the scenes photographs from the collection of Craig Reardon
English subtitles for the hard of hearing
Running time 95 mins
Release date 18th July 2011
Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 04-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Fantastic news - shame it's only Blu-Ray though.
I luv dvds! I luv zombies! I luv exploitation! I luv horror! I LUV SHAMELESS / Cult Labs. - Yes, I luv a lotta things!
For daily weird news, unsolved mysteries, spine-tingling true ghost stories, odd encounters and everything in between join
Just Plain Weird on Facebook!
The artwork was designed some time ago and, as this hasn't yet been before the BBFC with all the extra features and trailers, I think Arrow were being on the safe side but, like The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, it may turn out to be a 15 certificate -- the certificates are for illustrative purposes only!
Now were talking. A film that truely deserves a Special Edition HD release. Universal have disrespected this classic for years. Really chuffed to see Hoopers film get justice
I have the Goodtimes R1 release, and ive got to admit, ive only watched the film once in the many years off having it. I remember not being that impressed by this film,so another viewing will be in order before i decide to buy this again.
Although, the extras look impressive on this Arrow release and the artwork is killer.
CORRUPTER OF THE HUMAN FORM,BLOATED WITH SOCIAL TRUMA AND TWISTED BELIEFS.
MURDER IS AN EXCESSIVELY HUMAN TRAIT...
|Like this? Share it using the links below!|
|blu-ray: film, funhouse, horror, the funhouse, tobe hooper|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Slaughter High – The Archive Conversation||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Slaughter High||84||05-03-2011 10:36 AM|
|Obsession – The Archive Conversation||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Obsession||8||04-02-2011 08:30 PM|
|Pervert! – The Archive Conversation||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Pervert!||32||04-02-2011 07:54 PM|
|The Bird with the Crystal Plumage – The Archive Conversation||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||The Bird with the Crystal Plumage||186||04-01-2011 09:25 PM|
|Savage Streets – The Archive Conversation||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Savage Streets||58||04-01-2011 07:53 PM|