Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The XBOX360 version of this retails for around 130. Not sure its worth that price, for such a small and fragile looking device. i recommend saving your money, until you see what's released on this thing. Remember, that we are now in the last few years of this console generations lifespan. Which means that, is it really worth investing in something like this now? time will tell my friend, wait and see...
Old 09-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think there's a few years left in each of the 'big two' consoles yet.

SONY have promised a 10 year comitment from launch to PS3 and MS are phasing out older model 360's to try give dev's a minimun spec Hard Drive to work with.
I know from one major games company that I do tests and other stuff for that they have games in the pipeline that wont see the light of day for 2 , maybe 3 years from now for PS3 .

I see Move / Kinect as the next generation of PS / X Box , but in add on form .
The 2 consoles are nowhere near their full potential yet , especially PS3 , and it would be a pretty silly move from Sony and MS to release a full on new console in this current climate when both current machines are just now starting to make a profit plus both have still enough untapped potential to see them through another 3 to 5 years, especially with the extra preformance dev familiarity will create, upgrades and add ons like Move and Kinect.

I personally will wait till the 2nd gen of Move games before I decide, but with a 79 price tag for everything you need for PSMove I do see people buying into it .
Old 09-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I think there's a few years left in each of the 'big two' consoles yet.

SONY have promised a 10 year comitment from launch to PS3 and MS are phasing out older model 360's to try give dev's a minimun spec Hard Drive to work with.
I know from one major games company that I do tests and other stuff for that they have games in the pipeline that wont see the light of day for 2 , maybe 3 years from now for PS3 .

I see Move / Kinect as the next generation of PS / X Box , but in add on form .
The 2 consoles are nowhere near their full potential yet , especially PS3 , and it would be a pretty silly move from Sony and MS to release a full on new console in this current climate when both current machines are just now starting to make a profit plus both have still enough untapped potential to see them through another 3 to 5 years, especially with the extra preformance dev familiarity will create, upgrades and add ons like Move and Kinect.

I personally will wait till the 2nd gen of Move games before I decide, but with a 79 price tag for everything you need for PSMove I do see people buying into it .
Hope your right.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Classic Arcade Lightgun shooter , Time Crisis, is to get a PSMove release , complete with gun style holder for the 'Wand' controller .
Heavy Rain is also getting re released in a PSMove edition . Dont worry though if you already own the Standard control edition of Heavy Rain and are planning on getting PSMove , as a free downloadable Patch to convert your game to the PSMove edition will be available .
I think the download only works on the PS3 that the original game was registered on though to try combat Pre Owned sales.

A few other games already released will also be getting a PSMove re release and a similar Patch for those with the standard game is expected.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Anybody got PSMove yet or Pre Ordered MS's Kinect.?

We have a Wii in the house that i've no interest in what so ever but i've tried a few of the Move Demo's and SHOOT was quite enjoyable . I must admit, with Time Crisis due on Move im really tempted .

Like this? Share it using the links below!