Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2011, 09:16 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Lucio Fulci's Gates of Hell Trilogy (ArrowDrome) - Official Thread

LUCIO FULCI'S GATES OF HELL TRILOGY (ARROWDROME)

Three times the terror, three times the gore!

Arrow Video invite you to stand before Lucio Fulci’s Gates of Hell and pray for your very souls!

When an insane priest driven mad by evil commits suicide, he threatens to turn the small town of Dunwich into a City of the Living Dead in an Italian splatter masterclass of surreal zombie horror. Can a cynical reporter and a woman with a strange premonition unlock the terrible secret of why the dead walk again?

In The Beyond, a young woman inherits a crumbling New Orleans hotel that sits atop an entrance to hell itself. As the evil emanating from the basement grows stronger, the barriers between this world and the bleak purgatory on the other side become blurred, leading to an outbreak of rotted zombies, killer spiders and blind psychics.

In the third instalment, something hideous, violent and deadly lurks in the basement of The House By The Cemetery and some city dwellers are about to find out what when they move in. Will they survive the supernatural terrors or will the evil Dr. Freudstein triumph in a gruesome early 80s shocker so controversial it became an official video nasty.

Open the gates but be warned... You’ll never return...

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES 2 AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH DAVID WARBECK, CATRIONA MACCOLL AND ANTONELLA FULCI, INTERVIEWS WITH MACCOLL AND CINZA MONREALE, THE ITALIAN MASTER OF SPLATTER FEATURETTE, TRAILERS, TV SPOT & DELETED SCENE + COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET BY STEPHEN THROWER, AUTHOR OF BEYOND TERROR: THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI!

ALL TOTALLY UNCUT!

3 DISC SET – RRP £29.99
Release date: 07/11/11

Old 13th September 2011, 09:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A good collection if people haven't got them already on DVD or the City/Beyond Blu-Rays
Old 13th September 2011, 09:49 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

AAAAARRRGHHHH! Dilemma time!

First up, will these be released individually?

I have House and City on Arrow but not The Beyond
This set looks uber-sexy and I really want it, but don't fancy the double dip given how much extra great Arrowdrome stuff is on its way......

What do I do?
Old 13th September 2011, 10:18 AM
Active Cultist

Does this mean the previous individual editions of these titles are going out of print? Still need to get The Beyond and City Of the Living Dead.

^Click for Primitive Doom Metal
Old 13th September 2011, 10:39 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nice set, with cool covers.

Again one for the Saturday afternoon shelf browser rather than most people on this site.

A good Christmas present for the newbie fan.
Old 13th September 2011, 11:49 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Nice set, with cool covers.

Again one for the Saturday afternoon shelf browser rather than most people on this site.

A good Christmas present for the newbie fan.
Agreed.

A great set to introduce the casual horror fan to the world of Fulci - and eyeball violence.

Stick it next to the Romero Trilogy, and I'm betting sales of this one would soar!
Old 13th September 2011, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another double dip! \m/

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th September 2011, 12:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

What about this set/box on Blu, if it could come in under £50 I would find it very hard to resist. I think those with the seperate Blu discs won't bite but for those who haven't upgraded em from sd... surely a must buy. But it is a question of price, retailing (in shops) for £20-24-28 each make em £60-90, so a value Blu-box should shift like a good-un. Same goes for the Romero set. And the individual Blu discs could still be available for those already collecting em.
Old 13th September 2011, 02:15 PM
Cult Rookie

will this be the corrected print of The Beyond with the sepia footage or still the botched up black & white one?
Old 13th September 2011, 06:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
What about this set/box on Blu, if it could come in under £50 I would find it very hard to resist. I think those with the seperate Blu discs won't bite but for those who haven't upgraded em from sd... surely a must buy. But it is a question of price, retailing (in shops) for £20-24-28 each make em £60-90, so a value Blu-box should shift like a good-un. Same goes for the Romero set. And the individual Blu discs could still be available for those already collecting em.
Based on some posts in the Romero trilogy thread it seems sadly that the "also available on blu ray" sticker is referring only to the already existing blu ray editions - the trilogy will only be available as a set on DVD. I hope they decide to offer bluray editions of the set though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!