Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151368Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2018, 04:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Had they thrown a dvd into the mix i'd have definitely bought that. As it is £30 for a poster and postcards is a bit too much. I do like that new artwork though.

The dvd arrived this morning and it still looks very nice.
The contents are good but the packaging isn't great. I like digipaks but this one feels cheap and flimsy. The outer sleeve is too small and tight.
Old 29th October 2018, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

6115ydc1iIL._SL1073_.jpg
Old 29th October 2018, 07:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default purchases

Candyman-great film , good job from Arrow
steelies of the fog and they live
Suspiria remake soundtrack by Thom Yorke and "lost" dark folk album bright pheobus on cd.
Old 30th October 2018, 01:51 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I watched Ghost Ship a few weeks back and loved it. The only one I really don't like is The 7th Victim.
I really liked the &th victim when i saw if a few years back.
Demoncrat likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 30th October 2018, 02:05 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Had they thrown a dvd into the mix i'd have definitely bought that. As it is £30 for a poster and postcards is a bit too much. I do like that new artwork though.
You do realise Dem that because retailers are on the warpath to end dvd now (according to recent reports.) we will all have to switch to Blu ray eventually to play our dvd collections.

Personally i'm thinking about buying about 3 blu ray players and just stashing them somewhere to combat the inevitable rise of internet streaming twats.

So what i'm trying to say is go blu while you can still get spanking releases before the entire world succumbs to substandard genre streaming.

There's a niche market at the moment regarding blu etc because it is dying out and companies are appealing to the collector.

I really don't think it will last another 10 years to be honest.

Upgrade while you can and stock up on favourite films.

I'm not upgrading everything, generally i'm happy with a nice dvd quality picture, but i don't want to be stuck somewhere down the line with a lot of funky films i can't watch.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 30th October 2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old 30th October 2018, 06:57 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
You do realise Dem that because retailers are on the warpath to end dvd now (according to recent reports.) we will all have to switch to Blu ray eventually to play our dvd collections.

Personally i'm thinking about buying about 3 blu ray players and just stashing them somewhere to combat the inevitable rise of internet streaming twats.

So what i'm trying to say is go blu while you can still get spanking releases before the entire world succumbs to substandard genre streaming.

There's a niche market at the moment regarding blu etc because it is dying out and companies are appealing to the collector.

I really don't think it will last another 10 years to be honest.

Upgrade while you can and stock up on favourite films.

I'm not upgrading everything, generally i'm happy with a nice dvd quality picture, but i don't want to be stuck somewhere down the line with a lot of funky films i can't watch.
Why would you be when all blu-ray players can play dvd's?
Old 30th October 2018, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Why would you be when all blu-ray players can play dvd's?
And PlayStation's 3 4 and next gen consoles presumably .
A few of my friends keep saying same thing like why do I buy films when you can stream , you do know DVD blu ray will become obsolete and all that palava , most people threw out their vhs betamax films when DVD come out it was only couple year back they stopped making vhs players and people still collect vhs , and amount of vhs films that are worth a small fortune is unreal and there is still a small amount of films that have never been rereleased onto to dvd or blu-ray yet , Yes they will disappear in time to come like vhs but as long as I'm alive I'm happy to keep my collection, even tho everything is slowly becoming online streaming etc not everything is so easy to find and watch as people like to think . and you only get the film and nothing else you don't get all the extras and a lot of films you cant find certain cuts eg extended \ directors etc and do all the streaming sites have all the films you have available to watch ? And IF they do are they uncut? imo if a film fan etc there is every reason to keep your collecting and keep collection.
zeroid and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Last edited by gag; 30th October 2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 30th October 2018, 12:27 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
And PlayStation's 3 4 and next gen consoles presumably .
... and you only get the film and nothing else you don't get all the extras and a lot of films you cant find certain cuts eg extended \ directors etc and do all the streaming sites have all the films you have available to watch ? And IF they do are they uncut? imo if a film fan etc there is every reason to keep your collecting and keep collection.
I feel pretty much the same regarding streaming, basically you have to accept what you're given, with physical media I can at least make an informed choice regarding quality, content and versions etc.
Old 30th October 2018, 01:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

i still think that bluray is a niche market compared to dvd in HMV. the dvd section is still at least 3 times bigger.

and i havent upgraded all by dvd collection either, only films that had bad dvd releases. and i won't be rebuying any of the blurays for this new UHD format
as i am not a millionaire unfortunatly
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 30th October 2018, 01:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
i still think that bluray is a niche market compared to dvd in HMV. the dvd section is still at least 3 times bigger.

and i havent upgraded all by dvd collection either, only films that had bad dvd releases. and i won't be rebuying any of the blurays for this new UHD format
as i am not a millionaire unfortunatly
Only time I upgrade my DVD films to blu ray is I come across the film dirt cheap .

Like this? Share it using the links below!