Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2018, 12:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Tbh I personally have never seen a really decent print of HE. Problems with the source material perhaps? Or like Conquest ... it's just meant to look like that??
This version has a good looking print. It's just that it's 1:33:1. Although going off the headroom in the stills perhaps it was shot open-matte so the ratio is correct as filmed.

One or two screen grabs from my dvd for you. Not upscaled sadly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00002.jpg (49.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00003.jpg (36.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00004.jpg (55.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00005.jpg (84.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00006.jpg (52.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 15th July 2018, 12:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes ... have that UK dvd and the Euroshock BD. Massive difference? Not really imo.
keirarts and troggi like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th July 2018, 12:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Zombie creeping flesh.

classic Bruno mattei zombie comedy about a nuclear power plant that gives off toxic gas after a rat attacks one of the workers causing gas too escape and turning them all into flesh eating zombies.
as all the zombies go on the rampage eating everybody a swat team are sent to the power plant and meet up with a reporter woman.

this is hilarious and top notch entertainment, and is so funny when one of the swat team chaps is doing a funny dance in a tutu skirt.
also hilarious special effects when a zombie pushes out a womans eyes. and i also like the zombie child who eats his dad. it made me laugh so much.

stunning soundtrack to that was ripped off from Contamination and Dawn of the dead as well. 91.0 out of 100.
Old 15th July 2018, 03:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ditch party

A group of students are sent a text to a party in the basement while they are there someone is killing people in the school .

I've seen some rubbish in my time but this really does take the biscuit , I would have turned off half way through but for some bizarre reason Sam enjoyed it ,
Everything about the film is awful, the dialogue the acting and its extremely amateurish made, Thought the acting was so bad I actual felt embarrassed watching it its real cringe worthy, no real action slow dull boring and that's the good points of the film , more of type of film where just a group of friends got together and made a film just for something to do
Avoid at all cost and watch one of the worst films of last year .
Old 15th July 2018, 08:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

7.5/10

While for me not quite as exciting as 7th voyage and the creatures not quite as good as 7th it's made up for by the fourth doctor himself as an evil magician. 7/10

8.5/10
Old 16th July 2018, 08:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Saw Ant-man and the Wasp at the cinema today. Under house arrest after the events of Captain America Civil War, Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) risks his own freedom to help Hope (Evengeline Lilly) and Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) try to rescue their lost mother/wife respectively from the quantum universe. This sequel to 2015's Ant-man is passable enough, but I didn't think it was quite as funny or inventive as the first one.
Old 16th July 2018, 12:33 PM
Cult Veteran

A few from the last couple of weeks, ALL of them were first time viewings apart from Just Before Dawn which I hated the first time and I actually liked this time around, and Female Trouble which is a favourite.

I really enjoyed both of the Bogarts and I'm glad I picked them up, I also enjoyed the utterly bonkers Something Weird which is up there with Color Me Blood Red as my favourite HG Lewis films!

Enjoyed a bit of gothic with with Lady Frankenstein and Lips of Blood, loved them both, I watched Lips of Blood pretty late and was confused by the end so I watched the last 30 minutes again the next day and it turned out I'd fallen asleep for 5-10 minutes at the point where the mum comes and explains the ENTIRE PLOT haha.

I can't believe I'd never seen Carry on Camping, I thought I had, it turned out I'd only seen 20 minutes or so in the middle, the bit with Bab's boobs

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th July 2018, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Lisa and the devil.

Elke sommers is on holiday and sees a picture of the devil in a painting and then gets lost in the city. she then meets that chap who was in Kojak who looks like the devil in the picture.
after getting a lift off a rich couple, the car breaks down and she ends up staying in a weird villa belonging to the woman out of Suspiria who played Miss tanner.

i like this and is very good and stylish with nice colours and gothicness. it was quite a hard film to fully understand but that is what i like about these italian films you dont need to and can just enjoy there style.
and i'm awarding a 91.5 out of 100.
Old 16th July 2018, 01:05 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
Lisa and the devil.

Elke sommers is on holiday and sees a picture of the devil in a painting and then gets lost in the city. she then meets that chap who was in Kojak who looks like the devil in the picture.
after getting a lift off a rich couple, the car breaks down and she ends up staying in a weird villa belonging to the woman out of Suspiria who played Miss tanner.

i like this and is very good and stylish with nice colours and gothicness. it was quite a hard film to fully understand but that is what i like about these italian films you dont need to and can just enjoy there style.
and i'm awarding a 91.5 out of 100.
This is the only Arrow Films Bava I haven't bought, It's just been re-released last week but at £15 it's going to have to wait until it's reduced in price!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th July 2018, 01:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This version has a good looking print. It's just that it's 1:33:1. Although going off the headroom in the stills perhaps it was shot open-matte so the ratio is correct as filmed.

One or two screen grabs from my dvd for you. Not upscaled sadly.
i may have seen this film many years a go on bbc2. is it were Peter cushing has an alien skeleton that he keeps in a crate and grows flesh if it gets wet?

Like this? Share it using the links below!