Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2018, 07:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Just come back from the latest Johnny English film. Stupid fun but I really enjoyed it.
Is it as good as the previous movies Harker?
Old 14th October 2018, 07:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can't say it's not very well directed and acted with some great scenes/shots but it all left me a little cold and could of had a slightly shorter run time. Also found the music distracting as it's the same director of la la land ,they must of used the same composer as the music was very similar ,so much so that I kept expecting Ryan Gosling to burst into song and dance. 6.5/10
Old 14th October 2018, 07:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Is it as good as the previous movies Harker?
On the whole I'd say so yes. If you like the first two then you should enjoy this one.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 16th October 2018, 06:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Venom-1-1024x756.jpg
VENOM

This is really fun. If you go into the movie not expecting a serious movie but a humorous knock around it's a good ride so just sit back and go with it. Venom I thought looked good and there is some stuff straight out of the comics.
Tom Hardy said that 40 minutes were cut out from the movie so maybe a longer cut will appear on Blu ray later on?
Old 16th October 2018, 07:21 PM
Cultist

Night Of The Creeps - I’ve watched this at least a dozen times and I still find it ridiculously entertaining. A perfect mix of horror and comedy. Eureka’s release is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th October 2018, 03:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Recently watched all sleepaway camp with Sam, I'll have to rebuy 1 +3 because they are the cut versions .

Excuse my ignorance by asking this Q? But why do companies etc change names of films Sleepaway camp original titles are Nightmare vacation, after you don't see films like ET , jaws ,exorcist , TCM , superman and other films under different names so why do they change other film titles why can't they just leave the original title alone ..
Demoncrat, troggi and bleakshaun like this.
Old 17th October 2018, 04:02 PM
Cult Addict

I think a lot of the times titles may change because distributors feel a title may not make sense to the country they are being distributed in, so change titles to something more friendly to that countries vocabulary.
Back in the day i don't think we had summer camps for kids in the U.K, except Butlins, caravan parks or scout"s etc, so Nightmare Vacation makes more sense.

Although "Butlin's - Hi di die campers" may have worked.

...Something like that.

Other reasons used to be Grindhouse distributors would sometimes try to re sell an older film as a new release, (sometimes adding in new scenes) back in the day when video and the internet didn't exist.
For this reason some films have 4 or so different titles.

Also Italian films used to shamelessly rip off other films so in their own countries they were released as Zombie 2, Alien 2 etc, but released them in the originating country as something else i'm guessing to not attract attention to the fact they were blatant rip offs.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 17th October 2018, 04:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Recently watched all sleepaway camp with Sam, I'll have to rebuy 1 +3 because they are the cut versions .

Excuse my ignorance by asking this Q? But why do companies etc change names of films Sleepaway camp original titles are Nightmare vacation, after you don't see films like ET , jaws ,exorcist , TCM , superman and other films under different names so why do they change other film titles why can't they just leave the original title alone ..
Money!

In one territory, Nightmare Vacation may be more marketable than Sleepaway Camp; in another, the word "vacation" may not be used and slightly alien to potential filmgoers.

It's not quite the same, but it is similar to how Zombie Flesh Eaters was released as Zombi 2 in Italy to capitalise on the success of Dawn of the Dead, a film released as Zombi in that country.

In those instances, the rights are a lot more fluid than more rigidly controlled American films such as Jaws, The Exorcist, and Superman, which have much greater global name recognition to begin with.
Old 17th October 2018, 06:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

gag .... the word is Exploitation.

Here endeth the lesson
troggi likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th October 2018, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mandy 2018)

troggi, bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!