Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree342Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th November 2011, 07:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Well i'll certainly be watching it again in a couple of weeks.
Me too! The one film I watch every xmas without fail

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 30th November 2011, 10:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
The best film ever made is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! Chevy Chase is the greatest actor since Ivor Novello.
The sledging scene is without a doubt one the funniest things captured on film, cracks me up every time.

I personally despise the Wizard of Oz, can't stand it! Return to Oz on the other hand is a classic film which is more in tune with the original books. Only good thing about Wizard of Oz is the unbelievable synchronicity with Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon album, which DOES work as I've tried it and it's pretty spooky, especially under the influence of a couple of Amsterdam cigarettes

Well hello Mister Fancypants.
darthelvis likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th December 2011, 02:54 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

I generally hate most films that most people generally like. Since its Xmas and the tele is full of crap family films I just feel incredibly relieved that I'm not with family who are going to force me to watch stuff that makes me want to poke my own eyes out just to relieve my boredom. A few examples are any Carry On films, James Bond films, Star Wars, the vast majority of that Disney animated mush, Monty Python films. As for films I probably should like but don't, none actually spring to mind right now but sure a few will come to me later.
Old 26th February 2012, 03:30 AM
Cult Rookie

I'm a huge Jean Rollin fan, but I will admit his films aren't for everyone. I read a review somewhere (can't remember where) that described Grapes of Death as non-stop action. Two things that don't belong in the same sentence are non- stop action and Jean Rollins.

If I had to choose one film that I absolutely despise that is considered a
'classic, it would be Gone With the Wind. Frankly Scarlet, I really didn't give a d**m.
Old 18th May 2012, 07:10 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

apocalypse now
withnail and i
this is spinal tap
2001 a space Odyssey
Old 18th May 2012, 07:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
apocalypse now
withnail and i
this is spinal tap
2001 a space Odyssey
100 % agree
Kyle likes this.
Old 18th May 2012, 07:28 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
apocalypse now
withnail and i
this is spinal tap
2001 a space Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
100 % agree
Freaks!!!
Old 18th May 2012, 07:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Freaks!!!
yes i do tend to get called that often but mainly by my wife
Plus other things ....
Old 18th May 2012, 11:18 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

LUC BESSON!

Plenty of directors I love are accused of being "style over substance" but if the style is done well, it IS substance in my book. What I dislike about Besson is that I always find his style a bit pretentious, childishly simplistic, slathered on with a trowel and totally distracting from the story.

I have disliked all of his films, but the two worst offenders are the two that seem widely loved - yes, believe it or not, I cannot stand either Nikita or Léon.

Léon is the worst of the two, for me. It stretches its slender story very thin, it looks awful and it has that DREADFUL Gary Oldman performance, which is a textbook in mugging and scenery chewing over-indulgence to no end. I simply don't get what people like about it!
Old 18th May 2012, 12:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
LUC BESSON!

Plenty of directors I love are accused of being "style over substance" but if the style is done well, it IS substance in my book. What I dislike about Besson is that I always find his style a bit pretentious, childishly simplistic, slathered on with a trowel and totally distracting from the story.

I have disliked all of his films, but the two worst offenders are the two that seem widely loved - yes, believe it or not, I cannot stand either Nikita or Léon.

Léon is the worst of the two, for me. It stretches its slender story very thin, it looks awful and it has that DREADFUL Gary Oldman performance, which is a textbook in mugging and scenery chewing over-indulgence to no end. I simply don't get what people like about it!
Why is there no 'Dislike' button to press on here
Prince_Vajda likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!