Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2009, 05:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Default Best Horror Anthologies?

Hey,

What in your opinion are the best anthology films, Also can you reccomend us any anthology titles that may be less known.

My personal favourites are

Tales from the crypt
Vault of Horror
The House That Dripped Blood
From beyond The Grave
Dead Of Night
Creepshow II
Tales From the darkside the movie
House on terror Tract.

Anthologys are one of the top types of film with me I always enjoy them,Amicus brought us some Beautys.

I must say on a side note the little girl in the third tale in House That Dripped Blood, with Christopher Lee in it , she made me laugh the way she spoke. She soundeded like her accent wondered around 20 uk locations all in 22 minutes, sounding from a common Brat to a high class victorian Housekeeper LOL.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:09 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Black Sabbath. The wurdalak story with boris karloff lets it down a little bit in my opinion, but the telephone and the drip of water segments are fantastic. One of Mario Bava's best.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Black Sabbath is brilliant; the drop of water story is terrifing! I thought the telephone segment was terrible.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st May 2009, 03:29 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Tales That Witness Madness is awful. Avoid like the plague.
Old 21st May 2009, 04:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's got to be the original 'Creepshow' for me... an absolute classic!! John Carpenter's 'Body Bags' is great as well and long overdue a UK DVD release (hint hint, Shameless!)

Pound shop regulars 'Friends Like These' and 'Zombie Chronicles' have to be amongst the worst!!
Old 21st May 2009, 04:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's got to be the original 'Creepshow' for me... an absolute classic!! John Carpenter's 'Body Bags' is great as well and long overdue a UK DVD release (hint hint, Shameless!)

Pound shop regulars 'Friends Like These' and 'Zombie Chronicles' have to be amongst the worst!!
AGREED,Body Bags is one hell of a movie. We should have a release here. Bill is a classic psycho with humourous traits. "Hi Bill here sorry I can't get to the phone right now,you see I have a sore throat. leave a message after the beep,BEEEEEEP" LOL and watching Deborah Harry go from Heart of Glass & I want that man to a Moonling Nurse who likes her men hairy, And the final story is one in the eye for many anthologys
Old 21st May 2009, 07:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I love those old amicus anthology flicks,which i watched countless times growing up as a kid. They are a bit cheesy now,but great entertainment.
From a whisper to a scream is also another fave,pick up the uncut r1 release if you aint got it.
At the low budget end,olaf ittenbachs the burning moon is pretty good,if you like your anthologys with plenty of splatter(well,it has two stories and a wrap around,so its an anthology in my book)
And im probably alone in this one,but i really enjoyed cradle of fear,especially the internet story,the sick room.
Old 11th June 2009, 04:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
I love those old amicus anthology flicks,which i watched countless times growing up as a kid. They are a bit cheesy now,but great entertainment.
From a whisper to a scream is also another fave,pick up the uncut r1 release if you aint got it.
At the low budget end,olaf ittenbachs the burning moon is pretty good,if you like your anthologys with plenty of splatter(well,it has two stories and a wrap around,so its an anthology in my book)
And im probably alone in this one,but i really enjoyed cradle of fear,especially the internet story,the sick room.
Watched this last night for the first time (Done review in my thread). I actually agree as far as Modern films go it was very good.
Old 11th June 2009, 09:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Black Sabbath is brilliant; the drop of water story is terrifing! I thought the telephone segment was terrible.
Classic film.My favourite anthology films:-
Black Sabbath
Tales From the Crypt
Vault Of Horror (underrated)
Cat's Eye
Creepshow
Creepshow 2
From Beyond The Grave
Nightmares
Asylum
Tales From The Darkside
House That Dripped Blood
From A Whisper To A Scream (aka The Offspring)
Trilogy Of Terror (TVM)
Trilogy Of Terror 2 (TVM)
Dead Of Night (TVM)
Body Bags (Avoid the butchered r1 dvd like the plague)

Disappointments though very watchable.
The Torture Garden
House On Terror Tract
Tales That Witness Madness
Dr Terror's House Of Horrors
Twilight Zone -The Movie (A big let down though the gremlin story remake was good)

Like this? Share it using the links below!