Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2012, 08:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile What films have you seen recently?

I also re watched-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midnight-cowboy.jpg (94.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Toliveanddieinla.jpg (97.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 8th April 2012, 08:42 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Two classics and a not so classic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newspaperImage1.jpg (79.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4905-400x250.jpg (47.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Faust cover.jpg (51.3 KB, 1 views)
mark meakin, VicDakin, gag and 1 others like this.
Old 8th April 2012, 08:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
now thats what i call entertainment
Old 8th April 2012, 09:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
George and mildred aint that bad!
Old 9th April 2012, 07:22 AM
Cult Addict

Deviation.

One night with an off duty nurse whose just been kidnapped by a greasy and sinister nutcase just esscaped from broadmoor, played by DANNY DYER

Surprisingly good, each time the nurse tries to escape dannys nutter ends up killing another person and pretty soon theres a trail of bodies across london. Certainly worth a punt!
Old 9th April 2012, 08:21 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Deviation.

One night with an off duty nurse whose just been kidnapped by a greasy and sinister nutcase just esscaped from broadmoor, played by DANNY DYER

Surprisingly good, each time the nurse tries to escape dannys nutter ends up killing another person and pretty soon theres a trail of bodies across london. Certainly worth a punt!
I keep picking this up in Morrison's where it's going for a fiver but always put it back again. It's the retro schizophrenic on the loose plot that appeals to me. Is it worth a fiver?
Old 9th April 2012, 10:05 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I keep picking this up in Morrison's where it's going for a fiver but always put it back again. It's the retro schizophrenic on the loose plot that appeals to me. Is it worth a fiver?
Thats about the right price, wait a bit and it'll end up cheaper I suspect. It's well shot, well paced and dyer isnt in his usual irritating mode and actually seems to be making an effort to play a nutcase.

It wont make any top 10 lists but I can think of far worse things to spend a fiver on.
Old 9th April 2012, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

To celebrate finally finishing my Cthulhu game in hard mode (thats IT! put it away....) i watched
The Devil Doll (Tod Browning, 1936)
I can only concur with the recentish review on here, amazing sets, a fairly fast paced story, and Lionel Barrymore!! This may be a contender for my Boxing Day shenanigans...though i have my heart set on THC2 and The Little Mermaid ( actually, im not kidding it's more of an evil cackle...)
Recommended!!

God Bless America (Bobcat Goldthwait, 2011)
I liked the trailer so much etc.....it's not often you see your own world view in an american movie (the last one was Henry) A great central performance from Joel Murray as Frank, who to say the least gets dumped on from a great height and finally takes matters into his own hands....
and due to current events, i can't see this getting any publicity any time soon, a pox on the media i say.....
I Recommend This Film Wholeheartedly.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th April 2012, 11:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

1)Anna Boleyn,Ich möchte kein Mann sein,Die Austernprinzessin,Die Bergkatze and Sumurun are from Eureka's Lubitsch In Berlin boxset, which covers Ernst Lubitsch's early work,2)Tales of the Black Freighter and Under the Hood are companions to Watchmen and more accurate to the comic than the movie, which I hated,3)Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was fun,the chemistry between Newman and Redford was great,4)Time was another beautiful film by Kim ki Duk,not one of his best, but still good,5)Trauma,I found it disappointing,one of Argento's weakest film,on the other hand ,Opera(which was the very first Argento film I watched 20+ years ago )is probably on the top5 list.Door Into Darkness was good, especially episode 2 and 3, 6)Bare Behind Bars was below average,too much nudity and nothing else really! 7)Bronx Warriors was very good and 8)L'illusionniste was great and very moving!
Old 9th April 2012, 04:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched two classic post-apocalypic action films today on the AWE label, 2019-After The Fall of New York and The New Barbarians.
And despite being a bit cheap looking, i found both of them highly entertaining, esp the great 80's soundtracks. Top stuff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!