All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I quite like cat o'nine tails, but its still my least favourite of argentos early giallo.
Agree it's not his best, but it's not as awful as some make it out to be and it's a million times better than his new stuff, Dracula 3d cough cough.
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Family left this morning (after a two week visit) so I spent the day catching up:

uwantme2killhim? British internet/social media thriller that doesn't really live up to its promise.

Bling Ring I liked this, but I am guessing most will find it to be yet more self-indulgent "its terrible being a rich girl" from Coppola. Much better than the similar themed (ish) Spring Breakers.

The Thieves I guess this is a South Korean version of Ocean's 11, kind of. Wanted to see this at the Glasgow International film festival back in February last year but it was all sold out. Enjoyable.

Kick Ass 2 I enjoyed it but it is a big step down from the original.

The local store is having a 3 for 2 offer on all DVD's and blurays for the next week, so I will probably head into town in the morning to restock.
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Night of the devils

Very atmospheric and gripping gothic horror, based on the wurdulak legend, which was also used in one of the segments of black sabbath. Some good gore effects and a chilling film with a tragic twist ending. Picture quality is good but did seem a slight problem at times with sound. Definitely one that will be getting more viewings and one I recommend people giving a go. 9.5/10
I watched this the other night, i'd really been looking forward to it, sadly i found it really disappointing. When i catch up with my little reviews i'll expand on why this was the case.

I'm still two and a half weeks behind. I watched Kill Zombie! and Juan of the Dead ages back.
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

What Films Have You Seen Recently?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51FNYPMASVL.jpg (37.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 416AVnA0ewL.jpg (30.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 512Z9KQ9DNL.jpg (40.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 4th January 2014, 09:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Witchfinder General

Great looking BD with some genuinely worthwhile extras. Perhaps it's the shit weather but Englands woods and fields in early summer have never looked as enticing as they do here
Old 4th January 2014, 09:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Tremors 2 - (1995)

Not as good as the original, obviously, but not an unpleasant watch either. The onscreen banter that existed between Bacon and Ward in the first movie is sorely missed here. Nice to see Michael Gross back as survivalist Burt Gummer. Movie seemed to combine CGI with practical and animatronic effects, to good effect for the most part. The final scene came straight out of the Albert Whitlock book of matte paintings
keirarts and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 4th January 2014, 12:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Original double bill evening.....

Awesome double feature. Awesome poster.
Old 4th January 2014, 01:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw the new Hobbit movie this week. I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. I felt the story was a bit fast paced and didn't flow that smoothly. I also found the cgi quite disappointing. Though many can't wait till December for the next installment. ....I most certainly can.
Old 4th January 2014, 01:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I also found the cgi quite disappointing.
That was my main problem with the film as some of it looks a bit like a video game, such as the sequence where the dwarfs are floating down the river in barrels and the elves are picking off the orcs with their bows and arrows. That sequence, plus another couple, also felt like a video game.
Old 4th January 2014, 02:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Company Man a great, if largely unoriginal, south Korean hit man thriller. I bought it from Amazon.com and can confirm it is region free (I am guessing al of Well-Go USA's output is region free) although I couldn't watch the film (everything else worked fine) on my (now replaced) Sony BDP-S350.

Like this? Share it using the links below!