What film collection would YOU release?
If you were lucky enough to be a dvd company for a living,what films would you release and what would you call your label?
For example,REAPER DVD,along the lines of Shameless,in red cases 1-20,I'd release;(If I could get the rights)
1.NIGHT OF THE DEMON
5.SS EXPERIMENT CAMP
6.VIOLATION OF THE BITCH
7.THE BEAST IN HEAT
8.JUST BEFORE DAWN
9.WELCOME TO ARROW BEACH
11.A GUN IN THE HOUSE
13.LOVE CAMP 7
14.GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY
15.THE LOVE BUTCHER
16.LADY STAY DEAD
17.FOREST OF FEAR
20.NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES
All would be issued with similar goodies to Arrow releases,double sided,with original artwork etc.
I reckon the above 20 would make a cool collection.
Ah if only 6 numbers would come up......
It is time to keep your appointment with the Wicker Man.
Great idea for a thread reaps.
Some of mine would be:
- Amuck (Alla ricerca del piacere) (1972)
- An Open Tomb... an Empty Coffin (La casa de las muertas vivientes) (1972)
- Anima persa (1977)
- Atrocious Tales of Love and Revenge (Giallo napoletano) (1978)
- A Black Veil for Lisa (La morte non ha sesso) (1968)
- Blood Delirium (Delirio di sangue) (1988)
- Calling All Police Cars (...a tutte le auto della polizia) (1975)
- Crazy Desires of a Murderer (I vizi morbosi di una governante) (1977)
- The Dead are Alive (L'etrusco uccide ancora) (1972)
- Deadly Inheritance (L'assassino ha le mani pulite) (1968)
- Deadly Sweet (Col cuore in gola) (1967)
- Death Laid an Egg (La morte ha fatto l'uovo) (1968)
- Death Occurred Last Night (La morte risale a ieri sera) (1970)
- Death Steps in the Dark (Passi di morte perduti nel buio) (1977)
- Expose (The House on Straw Hill) (1972)
- Eye in the Labyrinth (L'occhio nel labirinto) (1972)
- Giallo a Venezia (1979)
- Illustrious Corpses (Cadaveri eccellenti) (1976)
- Interrabang (1969)
- The Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio (1971)
- The Killer Wore Gloves (La muerte llama a las 10) (1974)
- The Killers Are Our Guests (Gli assassini sono nostri ospiti) (1974)
- Killing of the Flesh (Delitto carnale) (1983)
- Naked Massacre (1976)
- Neon Maniacs (1986)
- Night-Flowers (1979)
- Nightmares in a Damaged Brain (1981)
- A Quiet Place in the Country (Un tranquillo posto di campagna) (1969)
- Paranoia (1970)
- The Red Headed Corpse (La rossa dalla pelle che scotta) (1971)
- Reflections in Black (Il vizio ha le calze nere) (1975)
- The Sex of the Witch (Il sesso della strega) (1973)
- Smile Before Death (Il sorriso della iena) (1972)
- So Sweet So Dead (Rivelazioni di un maniaco sessuale al capo della squadra mobile) (1972)
- So Sweet... So Perverse (Così dolce... così perversa) (1969)
- Something Creeping in the Dark (Qualcosa striscia nel buio) (1971)
- The Sweet Body of Deborah (Il dolce corpo di Deborah) (1968)
- The Two Faces of Fear (Coartada en disco rojo) (1972)
- Vengeance of the Mummy (La venganza de la momia) (1973)
- The Werewolf and the Yeti (La maldición de la bestia) (1975)
Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 03-06-2010 at 01:11 PM.
All of Ken Russells back catalogue in deluxe editions on DVD or Blu-Ray. Then all of Abel Ferraras films, again deluxe edition, both DVD and Blu-Ray. And then just go from there.
I have been thinking about this lately!
FIrst off I'd release Blanche and La Marge - two of Borowczyk's finest films which are inexplicably unavailable on DVD anywhere!
I think it is about time someone collaborated with Jeff Lieberman over a definitive cut of Just Before Dawn.
There are plenty of Gialli that could do with restored widescreen release, particularly the superb Death Laid An Egg, the under-rated Too Beautiful To Die and Amuck!.
Also, Freda's horror efforts need respectful issues: a full length, widescreen Horrible Dr Hichcock and a decent print of The Ghost and -argh!!! - a fully 'scoped sharpened up Caltiki, The Immortal Monster!
I would also try to rescue Silent Night Bloody Night from it's fuzzy public domain hell. Someone has to have the negative, don't they?
And, of course, I have a fantasy of finding the original ending of The Magnificent Ambersons!
However, if I was to have a specialist label, I would concentrate upon classic TV horror and exploitation type stuff:
Get ALL the BBC Ghost Story At Christmas out for a start - two per disk - reissue all the Nigel Kneale stuff, then some important US TV flicks:
A Cold Night's Death
The Dark Night Of The Scarecrow
The Darker Side Of Terror
Dying Room Only
Curtis Harrington's stuff (The Cat Creature, How Awful About Allan, The Dead Don't Die etc)
Dan Curtis's terrifying Dead Of Night and Trilogy Of Terror anthologies
The House That Wouldn't Die
A Howling In The Woods
Spielberg's Something Evil
This House Possessed
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
Death Car On The Freeway
Rosemary's Baby 2
Home For The Holidays
John Carpenter's Someone's Watching Me!
Panic At Lakewood Manor
....and so on!
Last edited by Gojirosan; 03-06-2010 at 03:28 PM.
It is time to keep your appointment with the Wicker Man.
i would have a company that releases multiple collections, each collection would be named but would all be under a main lable. i would call it DEAD END CINEMA.
I would release a nazisplotation collection called The Reich Stuff collection and release....
Ilsa: she wolf of the SS
SS Experiment Hell
Gestapo's Last Orgy
Love Camp no.7
The beast in heat
and various other exploitation, horror, sci-fi and action titles.
|Like this? Share it using the links below!|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Your Shameless Collection?||Gigantor||Collecting Shameless||168||05-19-2013 10:51 AM|
|Nazi Cult Collection||bdc||General Movie News & Banter||139||03-26-2013 10:42 PM|
|The Shameless Collection||vincenzo||Collecting Shameless||532||12-08-2012 08:47 AM|
|What film do the big studios need to release NOW?||The Reaper Man@Cult Labs||Polls||35||04-14-2011 05:32 PM|
|Shriek Collection.||vipco||Collecting Horror||28||07-28-2008 07:29 AM|