Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2010, 06:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Arrow should "accidentally" release it uncut like they have done in the past
And sold exclusively to forum members. I'm sure Arrow could 'accidentally' slip some uncut Blu-ray's to us loyal Cult Labs members.
Old 25th May 2010, 06:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If the Sci-fi channel can get away with showing it uncut.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 25th May 2010, 06:42 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
If the Sci-fi channel can get away with showing it uncut.
TV isn't governed by the BBFC.

They used to show all the old (good ones) Steven Seagal films with all the violence the BBFC cut in TV but minus the swearing which the BBFC left in
Old 25th May 2010, 06:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Can't we plead ignorance due to the fact it was broadcast uncut on TV?

Damn 'em... those pesky motor scooters!

Regardless, it'll still be one hell of a package for UK fans.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 25th May 2010, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

I will still buy the Arrow BD of Inferno, to support the company.

However, as I mentioned some posts back, this decision will affect sales / income and possible new releases. I agree the cut doesn't destroy the film in the same way as the scissor - happy BBFC from years ago, but it's still a desperately stupid decision. Indeed, the fact that Almar will soon be posting the 'offending' scene online only further proves what a waste of time censoring 18 rated movies has become.

It'll be interesting to hear what replies people get back from the BBFC. I emailed them some time ago about their ( again ridiculous ) cutting of 16 (?) seconds from Tombs Of The Blind Dead. I did get a polite response full of defensive drivel. I guess you'll get the same.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:01 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
So, yes, is the answer (in fact, I'd rather watch the UK disc of Prisoner of the Cannibal God with the animal stuff truncated than the full version). If it's a minor cut I usually don't give two hoots.
Same here. The Optimum reissue of Cannibal Apocalypse has had exactly the same cuts made as the previous Cinema Club one and it doesn't seem to have affected anything. In fact the muted reaction to the Optimum release is due to its lack of extras compared to the CC one. Something that the Arrow release certainly won't be accused of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Hasn't Long Riders got over a minute missing in the U.K.?
No, the cuts are 4 secs (to one scene). The 1 minute plus listing is a mistake on the site which the BBFC confirmed to me a while back.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Indeed, the fact that Almar will soon be posting the 'offending' scene online only further proves what a waste of time censoring 18 rated movies has become.
The fact that the scene can be posted on the site with no problem just makes the BBFC look like fools for cutting it.They can cry animal crulety and its a compulsory cut but at the end of the day.....it's a pointless cut.Perhaps they needed to do it to make up their quota for the month!
Old 25th May 2010, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
The fact that the scene can be posted on the site with no problem just makes the BBFC look like fools for cutting it.
The BBFC have no power over the internet. Imagine what Ferman would have done if they had.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
In fact the muted reaction to the Optimum release is due to its lack of extras compared to the CC one. Something that the Arrow release certainly won't be accused of. .
And Lizard in a Woman's Skin and Liivng Dead at the Manchester Morgue...

If you want companies to continue not putting the effort in then by all means increase sales of these titles - but don't bother moaning if, in future, other labels see the sales figures of bare bones editions and follow suit without spending on special features (indeed, why should they if bare bones editions sell just perfectly?)

Arrow definitely need your support if you want more packed BD and DVD editions (and if you want other companies to stand up and take notice).
Old 25th May 2010, 07:06 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The BBFC have no power over the internet. Imagine what Ferman would have done if they had.

Yeah I know,but it still doesn't change the fact that it makes them look like a bunch of court jesters....and unfunny ones at that!
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!