Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2010, 05:59 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default Inferno - The BBFC Verdict (carry the chat about the BBFC on here only!)

I think the debate on the potential six second cut has run its course but I know some of you will want to continue it - please only do that on this thread and leave the others clear for other aspects of the film and the release.

We do like free debate on here but if some people do wish to express an opinion that they'd rather not buy the release or wish to support it please respect those views - things were starting to get a bit heated on the previous thread - it's only a disc with a film on it folks! A lot of effort is going into making it good - we can't change UK censorship but goodness knows we've all tried!
Old 31st May 2010, 06:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
We do like free debate on here but if some people do wish to express an opinion that they'd rather not buy the release or wish to support it please respect those views - things were starting to get a bit heated on the previous thread - it's only a disc with a film on it folks! A lot of effort is going into making it good - we can't change UK censorship but goodness knows we've all tried!
Well said there Almar

I fully support Arrow

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 31st May 2010, 06:15 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Well said there Almar

I fully support Arrow
Indeed.On both counts
Old 31st May 2010, 08:22 PM
Ex-member

If the BBFC do insist on cutting the scene I think an appeal would be worthwhile.
I guess this might cost Arrow money and the BBFC are known to deliberately delay decisions in the hope the films will go away but the shot is nothing compared to the animal killing in other films.
If the BBFC take the attitude that the death of the mouse was setup purely for the shot so that makes it cruel then its a lost cause , but cats eating mice is a natural course of events and that may enable it to be passed.

Maybe the decision will be as important as the change to R18's in 2000
Old 31st May 2010, 08:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The BBFC have lightened up quite a bit, but miracles are not their forte.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 31st May 2010, 09:32 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
The BBFC have lightened up quite a bit, but miracles are not their forte.

Which is why the appeals people might need a call
Old 31st May 2010, 09:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

ive never seen the film and if the scene is of a cat eating a rat is it really needed, i know that i could probably live without it, sometimes people just have to drop it and take what they can get and why wouldn't anyone want to buy arrow's release, they're the best dvd company in the country, no company that im aware of listens to fans, and as Almar said, its only a disc with a film on it....
Old 31st May 2010, 10:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Really this only bothers me because I'm so opposed to censorship in films. I fully believe if enough people email in, that the cut will be waived.
Old 31st May 2010, 10:14 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Really this only bothers me because I'm so opposed to censorship in films. I fully believe if enough people email in, that the cut will be waived.
"I am lead to believe that the BBFC will be asking for 5 seconds of cuts to the classic Dario Argento film Inferno because of a shot of a cat eating a mouse/rat.
While I can understand the BBFC stance on the extreme animal cruelty seen in many Italian films of the 70's and 80's I think a natural event like a cat eating a mouse being removed seems a bit extreme today .

As short as the cut is this will damage the sales of the Arrow title as film fans will search out uncut foreign releases.

I also ask what cuts of this nature are done for? What do they achieve?
The animal is dead so cutting the incident will not bring them back to life.
Footage like this is outlawed pretty much worldwide now so leaving it in will not encourage other film makers to follow suit.

I would be interested in your views on this and whether you can confirm the cuts will go ahead"

See if this gets anywhere
Old 31st May 2010, 10:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Which is why the appeals people might need a call
My concern with this is that, as you mentioned on another thread, the cut version of Last House On The Left at the time of the AB release went through the Appeals process and the comment made was that the the Video Appeals Committee thought that the BBFC had been too lenient and they wanted to take more out of the film.

Yes the VAC is the next step in the process, but there are never any guarantees of success, but Arrow still have to fight the decision.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!