Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2010, 09:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
Do you know if they'll be 1080i/50hz or 1080P?
It will make a difference to some US customers. There was some disappointment with the COTLD extras that may influence people to not pick up this release if the extra goodies are not playable. Although there's no Blue Underground release to tempt people to stay local this time.
1080i - the issue that this affects playback on Sony Playstations in the US was news to me. From what I understand everything is fine on multiregion players though: American Playstations have been having problems like this when it comes to extra supplements before.

US customers eager to see the Arrow COTLD extras - and with only a Playstation to play back on - can still get the DVD.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:50 PM
Active Cultist

Thanks for the speedy response. I'm sure just the fact that it's now uncut HD will definitely make up for the lack of playable extras in some minds.

It's not just PS3s, though. There are many players that will not playback 50hz material. Even some HD TVs will not display 50hz.

It's definitely something that, unless you've read something about it, brits wouldn't necessarily be aware of. I mean, the UK even had NTSC DVDs released, the prevalence of multi-format tvs and players... You'd think the whole world would work like that

Edit: I'm pretty sure the DVD wouldn't work on a PS3 either. It's the same 50hz/60hz, 25FPS/29.97FPS issue. However, most people who would import it, I'd hope would have a multi-region DVD player.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:58 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I always found it strange that UK tv's and dvd players are capable of handling NTSC but US players etc, usually don't cater for PAL.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:11 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I always found it strange that UK tv's and dvd players are capable of handling NTSC but US players etc, usually don't cater for PAL.
About everyone I knew in the UK had a region free player. I don't think I know anyone else here that does.
Old 8th June 2010, 08:39 AM
Ex-member

Just found these and it'd be a great addition for this package (at 30 min. total) but probably too late (Tim Lucas, Irene Miracle and Keith Emerson @ 35mm screening of Inferno last fall):

[1 of 5]

[2 of 5]

[3 of 5]

[4 of 5]

[5 of 5]

Read my thoughts after viewing if you don't want any spoilers:
SPOILER:
Loved Keith's Verdi story. I can't remember if we've seen scoring footage but now I want to look closer at the orchestra for reactions to the screen footage. I wonder where all the extra Irene Miracle footage went?

Last edited by skyofcrack; 8th June 2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:47 AM
Cultist in Training

Wow you guys really do treat us I bought the city blu ray and wow there is so much stuff on there thanks again and look forward to your other releases
Old 8th June 2010, 11:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Im looking forward to seeing the extras
Arrow always cater for those who love the extra features like moi

Will it not be possible to make the extras that have been filmed esp for this release in 1080P instead of 1080i?

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th June 2010, 01:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Im looking forward to seeing the extras
Arrow always cater for those who love the extra features like moi

Will it not be possible to make the extras that have been filmed esp for this release in 1080P instead of 1080i?
They were handed in ages ago so nope.
Old 20th June 2010, 03:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Can't wait for this - possibly my favourite Argento. I have the old Anchor Bay edition and the Italian DVD, but it will be great to finally have a release with some decent extras.
Old 24th June 2010, 02:55 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I'm convinced that some years ago one of Sky's movie channels screened this version of TBC several times in one of those 'Let's put any old rubbish on' early morning slots. Never got the chance to catch it.
Yes, I remember taping it at the time. Not sure I watched more than a few minutes of it, it wasn't exactly the 'Suspiria Pt 3' I was expecting.
Wouldn't mind giving it another go but God knows where the tape is now!

Like this? Share it using the links below!